Here’s everything you need to know about your Samsung Galaxy S5 including tips, tricks and hacks for beginners and advanced Android users.
- Samsung Galaxy S5 User Guide – Tips, Tricks and Hacks
- Galaxy S5 Bloatware List – What to Keep, Consider, Remove
- How to Make Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Run Faster
- How to Root Your Samsung Galaxy S5
- The Best Cases for the Samsung Galaxy S5
- How to Close and Switch Apps on the Samsung Galaxy S5
- How to Delete Apps on Your Samsung Galaxy S5
- How to Take a Screenshot on Your Samsung Galaxy S5
- How to Turn Off Amber Alerts on the Galaxy S5
- How to Use Your Samsung Galaxy S5 as a TV Remote
- How to Use Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Heart Rate Monitor
- How to Turn Your Galaxy S5 Into a Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot
- How to Use Selective Focus on the Samsung Galaxy S5
- How to Disable Touch Sounds on Your Samsung Galaxy S5
- How to Set Up the Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Sensor
- How to Make Fingerprint Payments on the Galaxy S5
Root Your Phone (Advanced Users Only)
By rooting (aka gaining admin rights to) your Samsung Galaxy S5, you can install a custom ROM, run rooted apps, undervolt or overclock the processor and even remove all the bloatware your carrier put on the phone. Just keep in mind that there are some caveats to rooting Android phones in general that you should be aware of.
A popular programmer from the XDA developer forums named Chainfire created an exploit to gain root on several different versions of the Galaxy S5 including the T-Mobile, Sprint, and various international models (unfortunately, there’s no way to root the AT&T or Verizon models yet). Just download the kit and use the included flashing program to flash his exploit and you’ll be on your way to an entirely new world of custom modifications, tweaks, and ROMs. —David Cogen
Here’s how to root the Samsung Galaxy S5:
Note: This method only works on Windows so you need a Windows computer to complete this procedure.
1. Download the version of CF-Auto-Root for your specific device from the developer’s post and save it to your desktop.
2. Extract the CF-Auto-Root .zip file by right-clicking it and choosing Extract All.
3. Right-click Odin inside the newly extracted folder and select Run as Administrator.
4. Click the PDA button in Odin and choose the .tar.md5 file also in the CF-Auto-Root extracted folder.
5. Turn off your phone.
6. Hold down the volume down, power, and home buttons until you see a screen come up.
7. Tap the volume up button to continue.
8. Connect the phone to your PC via USB.
9. Make sure Re-Partition is NOT checked in Odin.
10. Click the Start button and wait for it to flash and restart. All done!
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S5 (AT&T and Verizon)
Shortly after the Galaxy S5 launched in April, we published a how-to which explains how to root (gain admin rights to) the T-Mobile version of Samsung’s flagship phone. Unfortunately, even the brightest Android developers could not find a root method for the AT&T and Verizon versions of the phone, until now. Thanks to Geohot, the kid who famously jailbroke the first iPhone, we have a way to root the Samsung Galaxy S5 on America’s two largest carriers. By rooting your Galaxy S5, you’ll be able to fully delete bloatware, overclock your phone or run one of many rooted apps.
Here’s how to root your AT&T or Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5.
1. Navigate to Settings > Security > Check on your phone and check Unknown Sources.
2. Navigate to http://TowelRoot.com on your device.
3. Tap on the Lambda in the center of the page.
4. Tap OK when asked if you want to download it.
5. Pull down the notification shade and tap on the notification that says the Download Complete.
6. Tap Install.
7. Open TowelRoot from your app drawer.
8. Tap Make It Ra1n and let it do its thing.
9. Search for and install SuperSU from the Play Store.
10. Open SuperSU one time and let it set up the binaries if needed.
11. Search for and install Root Checker from the Play Store.
12. Open Root Checker.
13. Tap Verify Root.
You should see “Congratulations!”. Enjoy.
David Cogen’s site, TheUnlockr.com, is a popular site for rooting, jailbreaking, hacking, modding, and other how to’s to show you how to unlock your device’s true potential. If you want to see what you can do with your Samsung Galaxy S5 now that it’s rooted, head to the ROM repository to flash a custom ROM and open up a new world of possibilities.
Current page: How to Root Your Samsung Galaxy S5
Tom’s Guide upgrades your life by helping you decide what products to buy, finding the best deals and showing you how to get the most out of them and solving problems as they arise. Tom’s Guide is here to help you accomplish your goals, find great products without the hassle, get the best deals, discover things others don’t want you to know and save time when problems arise. Visit the About Tom’s Guide page for more information and to find out how we test products.
With rooting comes many perks, both good and bad. Rooting helps unleash the full potential of your device. This is done manually to the system, so as to manipulate and change various aspects of your device within the system. This changes are done directly to the OS, which is the system, making it only accessible to the one who has rooted that device. This somewhat done on an experienced and professional level, so take care not to brick, jailbreak or completely shut-down your Samsung Galaxy S5. Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 means giving your device Super user capabilities and the one who does this is referred to as a Super user.
- Part 1: Things to Know before Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5
- Part 2: One Click to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android Root
- Part 3: Root Galaxy S5 with CF-Auto-Root
Part 1: Things to Know before Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5
Rooting any device is giving the device super user privileges. The user is able to gain access to more function-ability features and operations. Rooting is at times referred to as “unlocking a bricked phone” or “jailbreaking”. There are several key steps to consider the moment you decide to embark on rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5;
Backup– Create a backup of your Samsung Galaxy S5 before you initiate rooting. Since when performing a root all data on the device may be cleared, it is prudent to create a backup of all your data, either on your PC or where you can safely store and retrieve your data.
Power– Check that your Samsung Galaxy S5 has enough battery before rooting. Low battery while executing a root could interrupt the process and brick your device. It is advisable to have it at-least 85% charged.
Device Model information– It is recommendable to first check and know the model of your device since complications may occur during the rooting process. This is especially if you flash any wrong file or try installing files that are not compatible to your device. This could damage your Android stock ROM and your device will get bricked. It is thus advisable to know your device model to acquire the correct files.
ADB-(Android Debug Bridge),Ensure that you have installed necessary USB drivers for Galaxy S5.
Recovery Mode– This is especially for those with bricked phones. You have the option to choose which mode of rooting and data recovery and transfer that may best suite one. You may perform a hard root, that is with the device only or use a software to root your device.
Un-rooting– With this geeky technique comes exposure of your device to security threats and tends to make the Android warranty void. Proper knowledge on how to counter this is required so as to overcome the complications that may arise.
What benefits can you get if you root your Samsung Galaxy S5 or other Galaxy S series phone? Well, you will be quite amazed at how much you can control your Galaxy S5 phone on your own. You are allowed to get rid of bloatware, install apps that only available for root phone, get a custom ROM and update Android version more freely once you are done rooting your phone. Sounds very attractive right? If you want to root your Samsung Galaxy S series but completely have no clue about the rooting steps, then you have to pay attention to this article. We will show you the preparations you have to make before rooting and the detailed steps of doing it.
Part 1. Preparations you have to make before you root your Samsung Galaxy S5 or other Galaxy S series
To start with, you need to get some notices and make some preparations before you root your device:
- Rethink about your choice to root your Samsung Galaxy S series. Despite all the wonderful benefits, it still has some risk of bricking your device.
- Backup your Samsung Galaxy S5 to prevent data loss.
- Make sure the battery life of your Samsung Galaxy S remains at least 80%
- Install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S on your computer previously.
- Go to Settings and then Developer options to enable USB debugging.
Part 2. The steps of rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 with the help of MobileGo
Common rooting steps without a third party tool are very complicated and sometimes even endanger your device. If you want to root your device without any risks or annoying steps, a powerful third-party tool is definitely your best choice. MobileGo is one professional tool enables you to root your Samsung Galaxy S series on the computer directly whatever carrier for your phone is: T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. The software is quite simple to handle, you are able to root your device with just one click. We will show you how to root your device in the next part. Just go on with reading,
Step 1. Launch MobileGo on your computer
First of all, get MobileGo downloaded and installed on your computer. When the installation is done, run the program immediately to get into the main interface.
Step 2. Use a USB cable or via a WiFi connection to connect your Samsung Galaxy S series to the computer.
There are two ways to connect your device to the computer. First one is to use a USB cable. Then MobileGo will detect your Samsung Galaxy S immediately and install an APK app of MobileGo on your device automatically. Then you will be able to see the main window. Or the WiFi connection is also available. You can switch on the WiFi network and then install the APK file on your Samsung Galaxy S series by yourself. Open the APK file so that the desktop software will send out the QR code to connect your device. Thus, you are allowed to get into the main interface as well.
Step 3. Root your device
Navigate to the left side and hit Toolkit. Then you will see an option to Get Root Access. Hit it to root your device. Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S5 is connected the whole time while it is rooting. And wait for the program to finish.
Rodičovská kontrola, sledování a vzdálené sledování
Sledujte umístění, zprávy, hovory a aplikace. Udělejte to na dálku a 100% diskrétně.
As we know, rooting Android phone can give you endless advantages to get most out of your device. After rooting, you can install some wonderful apps, flash a custom ROM, make full backup of your Android, and other. In this article, we will introduce how to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 step in step. Before rooting, please notice these important things as below:
Important Notes Before Rooting
1. Rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 will void its manufacturer warranty, so make sure you have noticed that before you root your phone.
2. You’ll need a Windows based PC if you choose to root your Samsung Galaxy S5 with computer.
3. Before rooting, make sure you’ve installed USB drivers on your PC.
4. Enable USB Debugging Mode on Developer Options.
5. Make sure you have charged the battery life at least 80%.
6. Back up your Samsung Galaxy S5’s data and file before rooting.
Root Samsung Galaxy S5 with iRoot
iRoot can get almost any model of Android Samsung Galaxy S5 rooted with one click. There are 2 versions for you to use: iRoot for PC version & iRoot APK version. The APK version allows you to root Samsung Galaxy S5 without computer. And if you choose the PC version for use, make sure you have a Windows PC behind you. Here we will introduce the step by step guides of rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 without computer and with computer separately.
Situation 1: How to Root Smasung Galaxy S5 without PC
By choosing this type of rooting method, you need to charge your phone into a perfect battery condition. Then, do as the followings:
Step 1: Download iRoot for Android apk from the website. Drag it into your phone.
Step 2: Open iRoot and it will detect your model automatically.
Step 3: On the interface, iRoot will remind you of “No Root permission”. Just tap on “Get Root access”. Start the rooting procedure.
Step 4: Several seconds later, you will get a rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 in hand.
If you are not satisfied with rooting Galaxy S5 without computer, keep learning the guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy S5 on PC.
Situation 2: How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 with PC
Step 1. Download iRoot from its official website.
Step 2. Connect your Samsung device to your Windows PC. iRoot will detect your phone automatically.
Step 3. After detecting, click “Root ” to root your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Step 4. Several seconds later, your phone will be rooted successfully.
Note this, iRoot claims high rate of success for rooting your phone. But it’s not all that successful. If you have any problem on rooting your Samsung Galaxy S5, please contact us for instruction. iRoot can also work well for other model of Android device.
Download(for PC) Download(for Android)
Towelroot was one of the first few methods that root the Samsung Galaxy S5 but it seems it no longer works on the latest version of Android namely Android 6.0 Marshmallow. This means no more custom ROMs and root-only fun for your Galaxy S5.
However, Chainfire has heard your requests and he’s come up with his CF-Auto-Root method that’s capable of rooting the Galaxy S5 even on the most recent version of Android. Once you flash the CF-Root file on your device using Odin, you will have root access on your Galaxy S5 running the latest version of Android.
Root access will let you remove the stock apps from your phone, flash a custom ROM (the procedure below flashes a custom recovery as well), flash custom kernels, and so on.
So, here’s how to root the Samsung Galaxy S5 using the Chainfire method:
Before You Begin
- This could void the warranty of your device. We won’t be held responsible for anything that happens from doing this tutorial so please proceed at your own risk.
- This procedure should only work on Windows as the tool that you’re going to use is Windows only.
- You should have Samsung USB drivers installed on your PC. Install the drivers if they aren’t already.
- This should also flash a custom recovery called TWRP on your device.
- This procedure works for a number of Galaxy S5 variants. Please check the sections below to see if yours is covered.
How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S5 (All Variants)(CF-Root)
To root the device, you’re going to flash CF-Auto-Root using Odin and when that’s done you’re going to use Odin once again to flash a custom recovery. Here’s how to do that all:
Downloading Required Files
- Download Odin and save it to your desktop.
- Download CF-Root and save it to your desktop.
CF-Root (Download the one that is for your model from third post)
- Download TWRP Recovery and save it to your desktop.
TWRP Recovery (Download the one that is for your model and has .tar as its extension)
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 (All Variants)(CF-Root)
- Extract files from Odin and CF-Root over to your desktop by right-clicking on each of them one by one and selecting Extract here.
- Double-click on the Odin executable and it’ll launch.
- Click on PDA in the Odin and select CF-Root available on your desktop to be flashed on your device. Make sure to select the extracted CF-Root file and not the CF-Root archive itself.
- Uncheck Repartition in the Odin.
- Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin.
- Turn off your device.
- Turn your device back on in download mode by pressing and holding down Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- Press Volume Up when prompted and you’ll enter the download mode.
- Plug in your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it’ll start flashing CF-Root on your device.
- When CF-Root’s flashed, your device will automatically reboot.
Congrats, your Samsung Galaxy S5 is now rooted, all thanks to Chainfire.
Let’s see how you can flash a custom recovery on your device:
Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S5
- Double-click on the Odin executable and it should launch.
- Click on PDA in the Odin and select TWRP Recovery .tar available on your desktop. This is what will be flashed on your device.
- Make sure Repartition is unchecked in the Odin.
- Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin.
- Power off your device.
- Reboot your device into download mode by pressing and holding down Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons together.
- Press Volume Up when prompted and you will enter the download mode on your device.
- Plug in your device to your PC using a USB cable.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it’ll start flashing TWRP Recovery on your device.
- Wait for it to flash TWRP on your device. It shouldn’t take too long to do that.
- When TWRP Recovery’s flashed, your device should automatically reboot.
And there you go, you’ve successfully flashed TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S5.
Now that you’re rooted and have a working custom recovery, go ahead and flash a custom ROM on your device using our procedure. We have a number of custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S5 and you can check those out in our ROMs repository.
Samsung Galaxy S5, having superb features like heart rate sensor, did extremely well over former models after its releasing in April 2014. However, still with some old applications akin to previous Samsung generations, it appeared somewhat old fashioned to the users. And this reason directed towards the need of rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 and it turned out to be among the most frequently rooted devices. By rooting Samsung Galaxy S5, you are gaining power to uninstall annoying crap-wares or install incompatible and amazing apps, such as applications for saving battery and creating backups with Titanium Backup app. Moreover, the unwanted ads shown in free applications can also be removed once the device is rooted.
- Part 1: Tips to Root Samsung Galaxy S5
- Part 2: Benefits after Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5
Part 1: Tips to Root Samsung Galaxy S5
Well! Thanks to the dr.fone – Android Toolkit to be the trouble-free software providing effortless and uncomplicated steps to root Samsung Galaxy S5. Being friendly software with above 7000 devices, it embraces higher success among any other software available. Besides, it accompanies a lot of outstanding features, five of which are discussed below.
Features of dr.fone – Android Toolkit
- It’s a best one click tool promising good results.
- With a high success rate, anyone can easily root Android device without bothering about disclosure of information.
- It’s 100% secure software. Moreover, it also avoids the risk of losing the device’s data.
- The software is with you 24/7 along with its tips and tricks feature.
- Customization or rooting can be done without getting familiar with the technicalities. So, don’t worry if you don’t have technical expertise and root your device.
Some preparations to do prior to rooting:
- The key thing to do before initiating rooting process is to backup Galaxy S5’s data . This is generally recommended because one wrong move of yours may end you up in total data loss.
- Head to “Developer Options” and turn on USB Debugging Mode to establish a connection between the device and computer. You may not find “Developer Options” easily as for security reasons it is hidden by default. You have to temporarily unlock it so that you can turn on “USB Debugging Mode”. Now the very first question comes to the mind is how to unlock this option. Look out for device’s build number that is located in the device information section under the “About Phone” option in the “Settings” menu. Tap on the device’s build number 5-7 times to unlock “Developer Options”.
- Charge your phone well before rooting. Make certain that the battery should be around 80%. This is required because during a rooting or a flashing process, if somehow your phone gets off due to battery issue, the process eventually fails and your phone would be no better than a paper weight.
- There is a need to install USB drivers on your computer to make your PC communicate with the device and connect properly.
- You’ll require a window based computer to root Samsung Galaxy S5.
Steps on How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 via dr.fone – Android Toolkit:
Step 1: download and install dr.fone – Android Toolkit on your computer. Launch the software and select “Root”.
Step 2: To begin rooting method, you need to click “Root Now”. Then click “Confirm” and wait while the process is going on.
Step 3:You will observe a quick message on your screen when the rooting process will be done. Last step is to reboot your Galaxy S5.
Part 2: Benefits after Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5
Rooting implies gaining root access and power to run your device in the way you want. As it is mentioned above that rooting process in Samsung devices is commonly done, so acquiring root access in Samsung Galaxy S5 has numerous benefits too. We will be discussing some of the important advantages after rooting Samsung S5.
On this page, you will learn to root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T running on Android 6.0.1 with the built id MMB29M.G900TUVU1GQC2 using the Odin Application on Windows Computer.
Requirements: Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T is running on Android 6.0.1 with the built id MMB29M.G900TUVU1GQC2. If your device built id is different than MMB29M.G900TUVU1GQC2, then the following tutorial may not work for you.
Root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T using Odin
Step 1: Download and install Samsung Mobile Driver on your Computer (if Samsung Mobile Driver is already installed on your computer, then you dont have to install it again).
Step 2: Download root package on your computer. After downloading the package, you need to extract it on your computer.
Step 3: Power off your Device.
Step 4: Now, you need to boot the device into the download mode. To boot into the download mode, Press and Hold Volume Down + Home + Power button together for 6-8 seconds till you see the download screen.
Step 5: Once you have entered into the download mode, you will be able to see the warning screen. You need to press the Volume UP button to continue.
Step 6: Open Odin Tool from the autoroot package (you have extracted it in step#2) on your computer.
Step 7: Connect your device to the Computer.
Step 8: Once your device is connected to the computer, Odin will automatically recognize it and will show Added message in log area.
Step 9: Now, Click on the AP button (also called as PDA) and add the CF-Auto-Root.tar file (you have extracted it in step#2).
Step 10: Click on the Start button to begin the rooting process.
Step 11: once rooting process is completed, you will be able to see Green Box with PASS message.
Step 12: Now, disconnect your device from the computer and restart it.
Step 13: Your device is hopefully rooted now. To confirm the root, check the SuperSU app installed on your device. If SuperSU app is present, then your device is rooted.
Alternatively, you can also check the root status of your device using the Root Checker App.
Readme Once :
[*] Backup: Take a backup of everything personal, as in few cases rooting the device may causes bootloop (device stuck at welcome logo screen).
[*] Fixing Bootloop: If after following the tutorial your device is stuck at the boot screen (logo), then you need to flash the stock firmware of your device to fix it.
[*] Samsung Stock Firmware: If you are looking for the stock firmware of your device then follow Download Samsung Stock Firmware page.
[*] Samsung USB Driver: If you are looking for the original Samsung mobile driver of your device then follow Download Samsung USB driver page.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Without PC 2021 – The Samsung Galaxy S5 is one of the flagship smartphones from Samsung which was released a few years ago.
Table of Contents
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Without PC
The Galaxy S5 has quite high specifications and has a sharp screen display, this phone became very popular in its class at that time.
For now, of course, the Samsung Galaxy S5 is old enough, so many users want to customize it.
Actually, how to root the Galaxy S5 is not much different from other androids, and there is no need to enter Samsung’s Save mode.
For the root process, everything is almost the same, the only difference is the performance of the cellphone itself.
Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Without PC
- Download the Towelroot Apk application.
- Enable Permissions to install third-party applications, how to open the menu Setings> security> device administrators then enable the option unknown sources.
- Next, install the Towelroot application.
- Then open and run the Towelroot application that has been installed.
- Once open, please press the ” make it ra1n ” button.
- The installation will start, wait for it to finish and your S5 will automatically restart.
- Don’t Forget, Install & update Supersu.
- To see if it is true that Root has been installed, you can install Root Checker.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow
- Download CF-Auto-Root on the http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ page (choose the appropriate type for your Android device) or for the sm-900i type. then Install it on your computer.
- If it has been downloaded now Extract the file on the PC then run Odin3-v3.07.exe.
- Click the PDA button then browse to the CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedv-smg file.
- Turn off your cellphone then enter Download Mode, how to press and hold the power button + volume down + home button simultaneously.
- After that will appear a notification to get into the mode “download”, please press the ” volume up ” continue to proceed.
- Then connect the Samsung S5 to the PC / Laptop using a USB cable.
- If successful, a Yellow code will appear in the ODIN Column.
- Then click the start button on ODIN. Wait until the process is complete and the cellphone will restart automatically.
- Install & update Supersu.
- To see if it is true that Root has been successful, you can use the Root checker application which you can download on the Playstore.
We need to know that root access is very useful for doing various things, for example, such as deleting unnecessary default applications.
Even for those of you who are experienced, root can be a prerequisite for replacing the entire operating system by replacing a custom ROM, for example, MIUI or Cyanogen Mod.
But root access cannot get rid of Safe Mode on Samsung cellphones.
With Galaxy S5 Root Access you can operate more freely and also suit your needs.
In this sense, you can choose what applications you want to use without being bothered by junk applications.
That was the explanation of how to easily root the Samsung Galaxy S5 with & without a PC. Hopefully, the above explanation can be useful for you. Thank you for visiting.
Hi, this is tutorial of root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I. This root guide is working on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, Android 5.0 Lollipop and Android 4.4.2 KitKat. It is safe and easiest method for root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I has Brilliant 5.1 inch screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. This phone comes with superb build quality and innovative design. Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I has two outstanding features Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with TouchWiz UI, it’s make this phone very smoother and faster. If we talk on gaming of this phone then we find Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I performed very well.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I has superb performance, So root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I because root allows for you to use a maximum of your phone without any restrictions. After root you will install custom apps, custom Rom and custom setting in your Smartphone. But first you read root Advantage and Disadvantage by this post then follow these steps and root your phone.
Preparations of Root:
1. Take a backup of your phone.
2. Your phone battery should charge 80% minimum.
3. Make sure proper power backup of your PC.
We need download these tools for root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I process. If you have Samsung Galaxy S5 with diffrent variant then you must find your phone variant root guide click here because this guide is work only for Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I.
Download tools for root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I:
|File Name||Download link|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I Odin Tool||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I USB Driver||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I CF-Auto-Root MMB29M.G900IDVU1CPG2 6.0.1||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I CF-Auto-Root MMB29M.G900IDDU1CPD2 6.0.1||Download|
|Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I CF-Auto-Root 5.0||Download|
Follow these steps to root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I:
Step 1: Download and install your phone USB driver on your PC. Now download Odin tool and CF-Auto-Root file and extract both file in a same folder.
Step 2: Enable Developer Mode and USB debugging mode on your Smartphone by this guide. Look for OEM unlock option and tap the toggle to enable OEM Unlock. Now if you find Verify Apps Via USB option in the Developer Mode, then tap the toggle to disable Verify Apps Via USB.
Step 3: Now we will go to Downloading Mode, So Switch off your phone. After then press and hold volume down key with Home key, while pressing these keys, then press and hold power button for a while and release all keys when you see ODIN Mode or Download Mode. see in this image.
Step 4: You will see a warning massage on your phone screen see in first image after then press Volume up key to continue or entering Download Mode. Now your phone entered in the Downloading Mode.
Step 5: Now double click on Odin.exe for run Odin tool and connect your device to PC via USB cable in Downloading Mode. When you connect your phone to PC then Odin tool detect your phone automatically and show COM port and give massage in massage box. See in this image.
Step 6: Now click on AP or PDA button in the Odin tool window and select CF-Auto-Root file. When you click on the PDA button Odin will ask you CF-Auto-Root file location, So browse it and select your CF-Auto-Root file from Odin folder or where you save this file.
Step 7: After select CF-Auto-Root file, click on Start button in the Odin tool.
Step 8: Now Root process start and it take few second to root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I. When root process will complete, then you will see green box in the Odin. see in this image.
Step 9: In this process your phone automatically reboot and you will get a massage pass in the Odin tool window. Now disconnect your phone and start your phone then go to Application Menu where you will see SuperSU app. If you want check your phone is rooted or not, then use this app click here.
How to unroot Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I:
It is must for you to know, how to unroot Samsung Galaxy S5 G900I phone. When you feel that you don’t want rooted phone, then you can easily unroot your phone by un-install root app. Here is simple steps to unroot your device. You can also see unroot process in this image.
Step: First of all open Su App from your app menu and tap on Setting. Now scroll and find “Full Unroot” option and tap on it. that’s all.
This is simple and easy root Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900I process for your device. I can try to make it easy and make all steps clear to understand and try to make image all step for you. If your feel any problem then please comment us. I try to best resolve your problem. Thanks and Credits : Chainfire