When you are using your computer, you are logged in to your operating system. Even if you didn’t type in your name and password, you are logged in to a user account. When you are not using your computer, log out to prevent other users from accessing your private documents and saved passwords.
To log out of your operating system, follow the steps for your OS below. The steps include keyboard shortcuts in case your mouse isn’t working.
How to logout of Microsoft Windows
Using your keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Del and choose the option to Sign out.
Or, click Start and on the top of the Start menu click your name and choose Sign out.
Windows 8 and 8.1 users
Press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Alt + Del and choose the option to Sign out.
Or, at the Windows 8.1 Start screen, click your profile icon and choose the Sign out option as shown in the picture.
Windows 7 and Vista users
Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and choose the option to Log off.
Or, click Start, and on the Start menu right arrow next to the Shut down button and click the option to Log off.
Windows XP users
Click Start and click the Log Off button.
How to logout in the Windows command line
From the Windows command line, use the logoff command.
How to logout of an Apple macOS
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen to open the Apple Menu.
- At the bottom of the list, click the Log Out option.
If logged in through a shell from the command line, use the exit command.
To log out of macOS using keyboard keys, press Shift + Option + Cmd + Q .
How to logout in Linux
If logged in through a shell from the command line, use the exit command.
For some reason, you need to sign out of only one Google account. But you find out that there is a Sign out of all accounts button but not a sign out button. Fortunately, you can do the job using other methods. In this post, MiniTool Software will show you a detailed guide on how to sign out of only one Google account.
Many of you have more than one Google account and it is OK to sign in to multiple Google accounts on your computer, phone, or tablet. However, at times, you want to sign out of one Google Account. For example, you sign in to your Google account in Chrome on other people’s devices, or you want to sign out of one Gmail account for it is not yours, or you don’t want to sign out of other Google accounts because you have forgotten the passwords.
How to sign out of only one Google Account or how to sign out of only one Gmail account? We believe that many users are bothered by this issue. Years ago, Chrome allows you to sign out of each Google account individually. But not, there is only a Sign out of all accounts button.
Is it still possible to sign out of just one Google account? To do this, you need to shift your thinking. We have written a post on how to sign out of your Google account on all devices. If you think about it, you should understand that you can also use this method to sign out of only one Google account on your device. But there is one thing you need to know: you need to do the job using another device like your phone or another computer .
In the next part, we will show you how to sign out of only one Google account.
How to Sign out of Just One Google Account/Gmail Account?
Use Your Phone
If you want to sign out of only one Google account on one computer, you can use your phone. Of course, you can also use this method to sign out of your Google account on another phone.
- Open the Gmail app on your phone.
- Sign in with your Gmail account that you want to sign out of on your computer. If you have signed in with that account, you can directly go to the next step.
- Tap your profile picture. If the target Google account is not the currently used one, you need to tap that account to switch to it.
- Tap the Manage your Google Account button.
- Switch to the Security tab.
- Tap Manage devices.
- Find the device that you want to sign out of your Google account and tap the three-dot menu.
- Tap the Sign out option.
After these steps, the target Google account will be signed out of your specific device.
In this post, we will show you 2 simple guides on how to make a Gmail account default if you have more than one Gmail account.
Use Your Computer
If you want to sign out of only one Google account on one phone, you can use your computer. Of course, you can also use this method to sign out of your Google account on another computer.
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Sign in with your Google Account. If you have signed in with that account, you can go to the next step.
3. Click your profile picture. If the target Google account is not the currently used one, you need to tap that account to switch to it.
4. Click the Manage your Google Account button.
5. Click Security from the left list.
6. Scroll down to the Your devices section and then click Manage devices.
7. Find the device you want to sign out.
8. Click the three-dot menu and select Sign out.
Read here, you can see it is easy to sign out of only one Google account/Gmail account.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Stella has been working in MiniTool Software as an English Editor for more than 4 years. Her articles mainly cover the fields of data recovery including storage media data recovery and phone data recovery, YouTube videos download, partition management, and video conversions.
A quick workaround to log out of only one Google account but not all of them.
There is no problem if you are logged into multiple Google accounts on your computer as long as you don’t want to sign out of one of them. That’s because Google doesn’t allow users to sign out of just one Google account. The only option you now get is to “Sign out of all accounts” while using Gmail, Google Drive, Google Photos, or YouTube. This happens in every browser on a computer, irrespective of whether it’s Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge.
Only option to sign out of all accounts at once
Google forces to sign out of all accounts?
While this shouldn’t be a concern for users who manage a single Google account. However, things can be really annoying and inconvenient for people who are simultaneously logged into several accounts.
Let’s say you have five or six Gmail accounts, they can be personal, related to a brand, business, kids, and even guests. Now if you want to log out of one or two of the accounts then you won’t be able to do so. Google instead forces you to log out of all Gmail accounts just to log out of a single Google account.
As a result, one has to re-login into all of the other accounts they wish to remain signed in to, every time they want to sign out of an individual Google account. The situation can get messier when passwords aren’t saved for accounts that you don’t wish to log out from. Needless to say, this is a bad UX decision by Google that makes a simple thing cumbersome and time consuming for end users.
Unfortunately, there is nothing much you can do to get rid of this stupid limitation.
However, there is a workaround that one can use to sign out of just one Google account when using multiple account sign-in. This way you can sign out of a particular Gmail account on your PC without affecting the rest of the active accounts. To do so, follow the steps below.
How to sign out of one Gmail account on a computer
For this, you need a smartphone with Google app installed such as Gmail, Google or Drive.
NOTE: Make sure you are logged in to the Google account on your iPhone or Android device that you want to log out of.
- Open the Gmail app.
- Tap your profile picture from the top right corner. A list of all logged-in accounts will appear.
- Select the Google account you want to sign out of on your computer.
- Tap on “Manage your Google Account”.
- Here you can manage your Google settings. Swipe left and go to the Security tab.
- In the Security tab, scroll down to “Your devices” and tap Manage devices.
- Find the device you want to log out from (Mac or PC) and tap the 3-vertical dots.
- Then tap Sign out. Tap Sign out again to confirm.
That’s it. Google will now log you out of the Gmail account on the particular device. This procedure is generally used to remotely sign out of a Google account on a certain device.
Though this isn’t an efficient and quick way, it does get the job done.
This Itechguide teaches you how to sign out of Outlook. The guide covers steps to sign out of Outlook from Windows 10, Outlook.com or the Outlook App for Android or iPhone.
Expand “Browse Post Topics” below to go straight to a topic.
Browse Post Topics
How to Sign Out of Outlook from Windows 10
- On the top left of Outlook client for Windows, click File. Some menu options will be displayed.
- From the displayed options, click Office Account.
- Finally, on the Outlook Account screen, beneath your name, click Sign out.
- If you receive a Sign out of Office confirmation screen, at the bottom right of the confirmation screen, click Sign out.
How to Sign Out of Outlook from Outlook.com
If you use outlook via a browser, here are the steps to sign out…
- On the top right of your Outlook account, click your account’s icon (usually your initials). A set of options will be displayed.
- From the displayed options, click Sign out. You will receive a screen confirming that you have been signed out of Outlook (see the second image below).
How to Sign Out of Outlook App
This section covers steps to sign out of the app for Android and iPhone.
Sign out of the Android App
There is no option to sign out of the Outlook app for Android. The only option is to remove the Outlook account from the app. Here are the steps…
- Open the Outlook App on your Android phone.
- Then, on the top left of the app, tap the app’s menu icon (3 horizontal lines). A set of menu options will be displayed.
- On the bottom of the displayed options, tap Settings (looks like a gear).
- When the Settings screen opens, on the Accounts section, tap the account you want to remove from your phone. The accounts info screen will open – see the second image below.
- Finally, to sign out of Outlook from Android App, scroll down to the bottom of the Account info screen and tap DELETE ACCOUNT.
- You will receive a pop-up message asking you to confirm that you want to delete the account.
- On the bottom right of the pop-up, tap DELETE.
Sign out of the iPhone/iPad (iOS) App
There is no option to sign out of Outlook for the iPhone app. The only option is to delete the account from the app. Here is how…
- Open the Outlook App on your iPhone.
- Then, on the top left of the app, tap the app menu icon (the first letter of your name). The apps menu will be displayed.
- On the bottom of the displayed menu options, tap Settings (looks like a gear).
- Then, on the Email Accounts section of the Settings screen, tap on the email account you want to sign out from.
- The outlook account details screen will open – see the second image below.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the outlook account details screen and tap Delete Account. A delete confirmation window will pop out from the bottom of the screen.
- To remove the account from the Outlook app, at the pop-out screen, tap Delete.
How To Sign Out Of Outlook: Frequently Asked Questions
This section answers commonly asked outlook sign out questions:
On the top left, click File and click Office Account. Finally, to sign out of Outlook on your computer, beneath your account name and email, click Sign out.
Open Settings -> Accounts. Then, to sign out of Microsoft account in settings, click Sign in with a local account instead. Finally, follow the steps to sign in with a local Windows 10 account instead of a Microsoft account.
On the top left of the Outlook app, tap the home icon (for Android) or your profile icon (iPhone). Then, scroll down to the bottom of the displayed options and tap Settings. On the Email Accounts list, tap on the account you want to remove from the Outlook app. Finally, when the Outlook account opens, scroll down to the bottom and tap DELETE ACCOUNT.
On the Outlook app, on the top left tap the Home icon (for Android) or your profile icon (iPhone). Then, tap the outlook account you want to switch to.
However, on the Outlook app for Windows 10, on the top left, click File and select Office Accounts. Finally, to switch email accounts in Outlook, beneath your account name and email, click Switch account.
Open https://account.microsoft.com/ – then enter your live email address and click Next. On the next screen, enter the password for your Live email address and sign in.
It is this easy to sign out of Outlook! I hope you found this Itechguide helpful. If you found it helpful, kindly vote Yes to the “Was this post Helpful” question below.
Alternatively, you could ask a question, leave a comment or provide feedback with the “Leave a Reply” form found towards the end of this page.
Finally, for more emails & productivity Itechguides, visit our Emails & Productivity page.
In this tutorial, we’ll see how we can delete, remove, log off or sign out of Google account on Android devices. Using this method, you can remove or sign out of WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter accounts on Android too.
If you ever have more than one account on your Android phone and find yourself wanting to either remove, log out or sign out of an account or add another one instead then it can be quite a complex process. Fortunately, help is at hand, and with this simple tutorial you can sign out in no time.
Steps to Remove or Sign Out of Google Account on Android
If you want to sign out from your Android phone, you can do it in just a few simple steps:
- Open your device Settings.
- Scroll down to “Accounts” or “Accounts and Sync”.
- On newer Android devices, look for “Cloud and accounts> Accounts” or “Users & accounts” under your phone settings. Check out the screenshots from Samsung Galaxy S9+ and Google Pixel. Sign Out of Google Account on Android
- Tap “Google” (or any other account, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, etc., you wish to sign out from) and select the Gmail ID.
- If you own a device running Android Oreo, tap the account you wish to remove from your device. Sign Out of Google Account on Android
- On the next screen, tap the 3-dot menu icon or “More” option (on Samsung devices) found at the top-right corner of the screen. Then select “Remove” or “Remove account” option.
- On newer Android devices, you’ll see the “Remove Account” option right after selecting the account to remove. Log Out of Google Account on Android
- Just tap the option and you’ll successfully remove or sign out of your Google account on your Android device.
Signing out of Google Account on Android Remotely
If you’ve had your phone stolen, then you may wish to use this method. You can easily Remove a Device.
You can do this in just a few simple steps:
- Go to “myaccount.google.com“.
- Click on “Device activity & security events”. You’ll find this option under Sign-in & security.
- Click on “Review Devices”. Here, you will be able to see all the devices you’re signed into (including the one that you’re on now).
- Finally, click on the device that you wish to sign out from, and click “Remove” account access. This will effectively sign you out.
From the screen you are presented with on Step 4, you will also be able to track the location of your device (I have removed it from the screenshot for privacy reasons), and when the device was last used as well.
So there you have it, guys, two simple ways to sign out from your Android device, either directly from your phone or from another device. Although there is another method where you can sign out through Android Device Manager, this has usually given inaccurate location results and “last used” results for me, even suggesting Antarctica at one point! Therefore, I recommend the “My account” step if you’re accessing it from any other device.
Let me know in the comments below if you have any other methods that you prefer to use or another app that may also do the job. I’d love to hear from you!