Western Union is a US financial service and communication company. It is a reliable way to send money fast to over
200 countries in 130 currencies. Western union money transfer UK, western union Canada, US and so on offers
same services. Western Union offer customers who register online with Western Union the ability to track western
union transaction status.
Lets look at What is a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) : After you send money, you’ll get a receipt and
each receipt includes a unique tracking number referred to as Western Union MTCN, which is a 10-digit number
assigned to every western union money transfer you make. In other to track the payment either online or through a
customer service representative (phone), you will need to quote : your Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), the
senders first name and last name.
In this post, you will learn how to track money on western union. Since you will need to create western union account online before you can track western union money transfer, let me work you through how to register
on western union platform.
How To Create An Account On Western Union Website
- Visit Western Union official website at www.westernunion.com.
- Click on the register/sign up feature.
- When the page opens, then provide your information as requested by the WU website registration form.
- After completing the the website form, check to make sure you filled-in the correct information. Click Complete to register an account on WU.
- Check your email inbox for a confirmation link. If you can’t find it in your inbox then check your spam folder
or ask for a resend. This confirmation mail is very important in other to confirm and complete your Western
Union account registration.
- Once confirmed, you can now make transactions, send and receive money through your WU account.
How To Track Western Union Money Transfer
For western union money transfer tracking on money transfers made using Western Union platform, here is a
guide to help you with western union money tracking.
- Log on to www.westernunion.com/gb/en/self-service/app/tracktransfer
- As a Sender, you will click on the sender button or as a receiver click the receiver button.
- Enter the western union MTCN tracking number or the sender’s mobile number.
- Enter the receiver’s country.
- Type-in the security code.
- Finally, click “Track Transfer” button.
- To track your Western Union Transfer without MTCN, Visit this Western Union Portal if you have lost or
forgotten your western union unique tracking number (MTCN).
How To Track a Western Union Money Order
You can track your money order through the western union customer service hotline.
- Call 1-800-999-9660.
- Enter the 11-digit number on your WU Money Order Receipt and then the pound/hashtag sign #. The number is above the bar code.
- Enter the dollars and cents and then the pound/hashtag sign #.
- You will hear the date the Money Order was cashed.
Was this helpful? Kindly leave a comment below. Sharing is Loving. share with friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and so on.
No, your money is not lost. You can still very much track that Western Union transfer without your MTCN.
MTCN, which means Money Transfer Control Number, is a number used to track money transferred through financial institutions like Western Union. The MTCN is issued by the particular financial institution at the point of initiating the transfer and can be used further on to track the transaction.
The downside of the use of MTCN is that it can easily be misplaced or forgotten. Being fully aware such situations might arise, Western Union also allows its users track their transfers without the MTCN.
In this article, you’ll learn 3 different ways to track your Western Union transfer without the MTCN.
This method of tracking a transfer uses the sender’s or receiver’s phone number.
If you have the sender’s or receiver’s phone number, use this method to track your Western Union transfer:
- Open up Western Union Track Transfer page in your web browser.
- At the bottom of the page, just below the Continue button, tap on ‘Don’t know the MTCN?’ link.
- On the next screen, select whether you’re the sender or receiver.
- Also make sure the ‘Sender’s phone number’ is the option selected.
- After that, fill in the necessary details in the text fields displayed.
- Tap on the Continue button afterwards.
This method comes in handy when you know the correct names of both the sender and receiver.
Follow the below procedure to track your Western Union transfer using your names:
- Open Western Union Track Transfer in your web browser.
- Below the Continue button, tap on ‘Don’t know the MTCN?’ link.
- On the next screen, select if you’re the sender or receiver.
- Choose the ‘Sender and receiver names’ option.
- Fill in the necessary details in the text fields.
- After filling in all details, tap on the blue Continue button.
Although this method is not a clear-cut way of tracking a Western Union transfer, it should work. After all, we all understand what the two words ‘customer care’ mean, right?
To use this, simply put a call through to the Western Union Customer Service on 1–800–325–6000 and follow the instructions.
I’ll advise you only go through this method if all else won’t or didn’t work though.
And just here ends the article. Hope it was helpful? If it is, help share on your social pages.
How to Track Western Union Money – After making your transfer through western union, do you know that you can track your western union money all by yourself? Yea, I know that some people here that don’t know this will begin to wonder how this done.
That’s why I am here. I am here, to guide you on how to track your money bit by bit without missing out a step.
I firmly believe that you should know before now that “Western Union is a money transfer service provider that enables you to send and receive money from people around the world quickly.
You can read our previous articles on; Western Union Transfer Guide to learn more about how this Western Union works.
So, let’s move down to our topic of concentration now, which is “How to Track Western Union Money Transfer.”
Howbeit, you have to know that there are several methods in which you can use in tracking your money after transfer on western union and these are;
- Through Western Union Money Tracking Page on their website
- Calling Western Union Customer Care Number (Toll-Free)
- Visiting WU Office to Track your Transfer
- Using Western Union Mobile App
1. Through Western Union Money Tracking Page on their website
If you want to track your transfer using this method, all you need to do is to;
- Using your smartphone or PC with a good internet connection, Visit https://www.westernunion.com/global-service/track-transfer
- Select if you are a sender or receiver of the transfer
- Input the tracking number or phone number of the sender
- Select the receiver country and the amount transferred
- Input the security code
- Log into your profile to view your transfer history
2. Calling Western Union Customer Care Number (Toll-Free)
With this method, all you have to do is to 1-800-CALL-CASH from a phone in the U.S. to track a transfer.
However, if you based in the U.S and you’d prefer to talk to a WU customer representative on the phone, then call the customer service number provided on the WU website.
NOTE: While on the call, you will be asked to provide some information about the transfer, such as the MTCN number or the sender’s phone number.
Visiting WU Office to Track your Transfer
This is also another option of tracking WU money transfer that some people have been using. With this method, you need to visit a Western Union location to track the transfer in person.
If you don’t know any Western Union location near you, kindly go to the homepage and scroll down, you will see a box with the inscription “Find Locations”, click on the box and allow it to load.
You will see a space to fill the city of your resident, after you have entered your Zip code or city, see the four boxes below and select either “Pick Up in store”, “Send in Store” and “Start Online, finish in-store” and then click on “Continue” after which the list of all Western Union Agent nearest to you will be displayed.
Whenever you transfer money via Western Union, a receipt will be issued to you that contains a unique tracking number (MTCN) – it’s a 10-digit number assigned to every money transactions you make via Western Union.
READ MORE: Western Union Pounds & Dollar to Naira exchange rate
The global corporation offers the ability to easily track the status of a money transfer through the MTCN. But before we delve into the step by step guide, let’s find out more about Western Union.
What is Western Union?
Western Union (WU) is an American financial service and communications company, that has been in the financial hub for 165 years and it a means through which customers can send money to up to 200 countries in 130 currencies with more than 550,000 agent locations and 150,000 ATMs. They boast of being the most reliable medium to send money globally at a faster rate. Now let’s look at how to track your western union transfer.
How To Track Your Western Union Money Online
To track your Western Union money online the following steps will guide you:
1. Visit Western Union Portal for Nigeria or that of the international on their official website.
2. Enter the necessary details on the available spaces in the online form, including your unique tracking number (MTCN), which is a 10-digit number assigned to every transaction of funds you make with WU.
3. After you’ve filled in the correct details click on “Track Transfer” and the information you seek about your money transfer will appear on the screen.
How To Track Your Western Union Money Online
How to Track your Western Union Transfer without MTCN
In case you can’t access your MTCN, here’s how to track your money:
1. When you get to the “Track a Transfer” menu, simply select “Don’t know the MTCN”. Another “Track a Transfer” menu will open up where you’ll have the option of choosing from two variants:
- Tracking with a phone number or
- Tracking with a name.
Each of these variants offers spaces where you can provide information as follows:
Variant #1: Tracking with a phone number
- Sender`s phone number;
- Receiver’s country;
- Amount sent/received.
Variant #2: Tracking with a name
- Sender’s first name
- Sender’s last name
- Recipient’s first name
- Recipient’s last name
- Recipient’s country
- Amount sent/received.
Once the correct information is provided, the details of your transactions or payment will appear on your screen.
To obtain better results with both of the aforementioned variants, ensure that you enter the Date of Transfer in the indicated spaces at the bottom of the Track a Transfer page. If the option is not available for you, then click on the + sign close to the add transfer date option provided.
Western Union also makes it clear that the following cannot be tracked on the page:
- Money orders,
- Prepaid cards,
- Gift cards and
- Online FX payments.
How To Track Your Western Union Money Orders
However, you can track your money transfer by contacting customer care providers on the hotline below:
1. Call 1-800-999-9660.
2. Enter the 11-digit number on your Money Order Receipt with the pound/hashtag sign #. The number is located above the barcode.
3. Type in the dollars and cents and then the pound/hashtag sign.
4. You will receive the date the Money Order was cashed.
To track Bill Payment with Western Union
1. Click on the Bill Payment tab on the Track a Transfer page.
2. You will need to enter the sender’s country, phone number and the amount to track the payment.
3. You’ll be asked to provide the transfer data for better results.
Furthermore, you can easily track your transfers with the company using their app, which is available on IOS and Android.
How to Estimate Western Union Transfer using its Estimator
The estimator enables you to check how much money you’re sending in US Dollars at WU exchange rate by using the WU Currency Converter tool. To get the fees charged on the transaction, you can use the WU Estimator tool.
How to Send Money Through Western Union
To send money through Western Union Online,
1. Visit the website
2. Click estimate price
3. Enter the amount you wish to send, the country and the zip code of the city you are sending the fund to.
Learn how to track your money transfer in Western Union online to know the status of your remittance. Western Union is one of the best companies to send and receive money worldwide. If you are now familiar on how to track your transaction in sending and receiving money through western union, then here is the right guide for you.
If you are sending and receiving money and have no time to ask the Western Union agent in any remittances, you can track your money transfer in Western Union in their official website.
How to Track Your Money Transfer in Western Union?
Step 1. Visit Western Union official website and find the “track transfer” in the navigation or visit this link: https://www.westernunion.com/global-service/track-transfer
Step 2. Insert or type your MTCN (tracking number) and press continue. Note that your tracking number (MTCN) can be found in your transfer history page and in your printed or emailed receipt.
Step 3. Choose whether you are a sender or receiver. And you will find the status of your money transfer in Western Union. Here you can track whether your money transfer in Western Union is sent, in progress, available and received.
Tips and Warnings
Do not send money to someone you don’t know personally. Beware of malicious activity like frauds, scam especially when you want to participate in investment programs online.
Other ways to track your transfer in Western Union is to go to some remittances and ask the staff if your money transfer in already sent and available to receive (optional as if you don’t have a computer and internet connection at home when you want to track your money transfer in Western Union).
Western Union is a unique financial service that allows individuals to transfer and receive money. The online money transfer is operated by the Western Union Co., which is also known as WU, short for Western Union.
It currently operates in more than 28,000 locations worldwide which are called agent locations, providing many different options for people who wish to make transfers to and from different countries, such as the United States, Canada, China, Hong Kong, UK and Australia.
All exchanges must be made in USD or the equivalent currency of the country you want to make a transfer with. This way, it would be easier for the recipient to pick up the funds in the western union agent location.
In this article,I will be showing you how to transfer and receive funds from western union. To start, we would have to go through the registration process as a new customer.
• HOW TO REGISTER FOR WESTERN UNION
New customers can start their account by filling out an application and submitting documents required by Western Union to verify their identity online using either the Western union official website “www.western union.com” or mobile app.
1. Go to the western union official website and click on register
2. Create your profile by entering all the required information such as FullName, Valid BVN, Email address, Date of Birth, Country of Birth, Mobile Number and so on.
3. Enter the one time code received in your email
4. Read and accept all the Western union terms and conditions
5. Click on create profile to complete your registration
6. Once you are done, check the email you registered with to confirm your registration.
HOW TO TRANSFER MONEY THROUGH WESTERN UNION
Western Union is an international provider of money transfers. It has operations all over the world and can send money to more than 200 countries.
Money can be sent to family, friends, or businesses at more than 4 lakhs agent locations worldwide.
You can initiate a transfer by visiting a local agent or by simply logging on to the company’s website. A funds transfer typically takes three working days between countries within Western Union’s network and five working days for all other destinations. The fee for this service is small at less than 2%.
To transfer money through western union official website or mobile app please follow the steps below
1. Login to your western union profile
2. Select the ‘Send money online’ option
How to track Western Union transfer
To find out the status of my money transfer. keep tracking your western union transfer kindly visit https://www.westernunion.com/global-service/track-transfer
2. Enter your 10 digit MTCN number
3. Input the sender’s name
3. click continue to view your transfer
Why is my money transfer status “On Hold”?
There are a few reasons why a money transfer might be on hold. If its been less than 30-40 minutes since you completed it, it may not be fully processed yet. Please wait a few more minutes and then check the status again.
Sometimes we need to confirm the sender’s identity before western union can process a money transfer. If this is the case, they send the sender an online web receipt and an email asking them to call them. Once they confirm the sender’s information, the transfer will be completed and the receiver can pick up the money.
How to receive Western Union payment
To receive Western union transfer payment you need to follow the steps below.
1. Pick up cash at a Western Union agent location, or, depending on where you live, have it deposited directly into your bank account or mobile wallet.
For cash pick up
Simply take your MTCN (tracking number,sender name and location where the money was sent ) and valid ID to collect your money.
Please have these on hand:
1. The sender’s full name (first, middle, and last name)
2. The country where the money was sent from
3. The approximate amount that was sent
4. The unique number of the transaction (MTCN)
5. Your government-issued identification document(s) as required
If you’ve had to send or receive money from someone in another country, perhaps you’ve heard of Western Union.
In this post, we take a lot of how you can track your money transfer when using Western Union. But first, let’s take a look at this money transfer platform.
Western Union Tracking: How to Track Your Transfer
Western Union is one of the leading platforms when it comes to cross-border, cross-currency money movement. The platform has helped small businesses, global corporations, NGOs and families send and receive money irrespective of their location, urban or remote.
In 2018, Western Union completed more than 800 million transactions for consumer and business clients. Over the last few years, Western Union has been at the centre of innovation when it comes to developing new ways to send money through digital, mobile, and retail channels. The platforms offer an array of convenient pay-out options to meet business and consumer needs.
Western Union has over 550,000+ agent locations in over 200 countries and territories with over $300 billion in the principal being moved.
Western Union transacts in nearly 130 currencies and has the capability to send money to billions of accounts worldwide. The platform completes an average of 34 transactions each second of 2018
Millions of people use Western Union to send money to family members in nearly every part of the world which is often used to provide support, recognize a special occasion or enable entrepreneurship or education.
Some of the services provided by Western Union Business Solutions to help navigate the global economy, including solutions for International Payments, Risk Management, and Cash Management Solutions. The platform provides a wide range of industry-specific solutions that have helped over 50,000 clients including financial institutions, educational institutions, NGOs, and small/medium sized businesses needing to make cross-border payments.
Western Union money transfer is convenient and the charge is very little compared to the value you get. It does not matter how small or huge the amount is, you can always send it via western union. You can even do it right from the comfort of your home or office.
The best part is you can easily track the money being sent to you or the money you are sending to someone. This gives you some form of assurance that your money will get to its destination because you can tell when the money gets delivered to the recipient.
So let’s take a look at the steps involved in Western Union Tracking
As the sender, the first step is to send the money. You will get a receipt once you have sent the money. It is important you keep the receipt very well. You will also be given a money transfer control number if the transaction was done on your computer. But if you don’t have this number, you can still track the transaction.
The next step is to visit the Western Union home page using your computer. You will need an internet connection to do this. You can also access the website on your mobile device as long as the device has internet access. Next, click on the tab labeled “Check Transfer”. You will find this tab at the right upper corner of Western Union home page.
Now that you’re on the Western Union website, you will see a space where you can enter the money transfer control number. Enter this number along with your first name and the last name of the person you are sending the money to.
Your entered name should correlate with the name you used to register with Western Union. Then click on the “Check Status” tab and you will be shown the progress or status of the money you have sent.
You can check your money transfer status or progress on the online form. In this case, you don’t have to use the money transfer control number mentioned earlier. All you need to do is open this portion and fill out the short form. You’re expected to provide the first and last names of the recipient. You should also provide your own first and last names. Then click on the “Check Status” tab and you will see the progress of your transfer.
You can also find out the status of your transfer via phone call. The Western union customer care line is 1-800-325-6000. Calling the Western Union phone number is only necessary if the money had been sent some 3 weeks earlier without any sign of delivery.
In this case, you will require the money transfer control number and you will follow the automated response you hear on the phone as it tells you on what to do.
If you’d love to find out more about the Western Union transfer tracking services, you can visit the nearest Western Union office in your area.
Searching for the ways to make money online? Try online trading with FBS. Trade Forex, crypto, stocks & other assets. Enjoy $140 Level Up Bonus, Cashback with up to $15 per lot & many more. Low spreads, 24/7 withdrawals, multilingual support. Open an account now!
For those who are conversant with Western Union and the services it offers, Western Union money tracking is not a bizarre thing to mention. For many years, Western Union has maintained its reputable and reliable schedules of serving as an intermediary between clients who are engaged in international monetary transactions. Established in 1851, American-owned Western Union now constitutes the top providers of “tracking’’ facilities for international money transfer. Moreover, its notable services are already reaching numerous countries across the globe ( western union online money tracking by receiver name without mtcn ).
What this “how to post” intend to slove
How To Track Western Union With Recivers Name
Western Union Tracking Without MTCN
How To Track Western Union Money Transfer
In order to establish a trust-bound relationship between a customer and the agent which helps him with money transfer, Western Union comes into the business relationship and provides the customer the maximum assurance he desires –regarding the transfer process. In a nutshell, Western Union is that reliable medium which helps you ascertain whether your money transfer, to a foreign beneficiary, has been completed by your transfer agent or not.
As part of Western Union online registration process, users are provided an option which allows them to track the details of any money transfer. For you to be eligible, you first have to complete the online registration and after you have made a particular payment, you’re at liberty of confirming the status of the transaction process. This act is called “tracking’’ and it is intended to ease the transfer of money, particularly when associated with international transactions.
For the sake of security, WU has made the service a facility that provides convenience for customers when the need to verify money transfers arises. Therefore, customers are strongly advised to keep themselves updated with the details of any registration since any instances of loss (of information/details) could mean a customer is not eligible to conduct any “tracking’’ intended to show him the status of his money transfer order.
As an essential aspect of the “tracking’’, WU provides a customer with a number known as MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number). This number is a personal number and is expected to be confidential to the customer. Meanwhile, the stated number also serves as a distinct number provided in order to track a particular transfer made by a customer.
How To Track Wester Union Online Money Tracker By Receiver Name With or Without Receiver Name
To track your money transfer, there are easy procedures and are best known as “name to name’’ or “sender name and receiver name’’ tracking.
Therefore, follow the steps below;
- Provide your MTCN (your distinct number for Western Union money tracking) in a space that will be presented to you
- Now, you’re allowed to avail yourself of “Western Union money tracking’’. Then, you’re required to fill in your own name (as the sender’s name) and the recipient’s name. Also, you’re free to provide your first or last name as sender’s name. In the same manner, you can enter either the last name or first name of your recipient.
- Follow the second step by the subsequent step which requires filling in security code
- Finally, click on the button symbolizing “Track Transfer’’
That’s all on Western Union money order tracking, get across to us through the comment box and like us on facebook.com/9jaquest.
- Lowest Currency In The World, Top 10 Weakest
- DOLLAR TO NAIRA EXCHANGE RATE TODAY BLACK MARKET
- Richest Musicians in Nigeria, Top 50
- Nigerian Bank Exchange Rate Today
Tags: WU online money transfer , order tracking without MTCN
How To Check Your First Bank Account Balance, Statement of Account and Last 5 transactions through SMS / text message
Full List” />