Learn how to redeem an App Store & iTunes Gift Card. If you can’t redeem your gift card, find out what to do.
Redeem your gift card for apps, subscriptions, and more.
Redeem a gift card with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Peel or gently scratch off the label on the back of the gift card to reveal a 16-digit code that starts with X.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the App Store app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap Today.
- At the top of the screen, tap the sign-in button or your photo.
- Tap "Redeem Gift Card or Code." If you don’t see “Redeem Gift Card or Code,” sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID.
- Tap "Use Camera" and follow the instructions on the screen. If you have trouble redeeming the card, tap "You can also enter your code manually," then follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure that you enter the 16-digit code that begins with X.
- Tap Done.
Redeem a gift card on your computer
- Peel or gently scratch off the label on the back of the gift card to reveal a 16-digit code that starts with X.
- On your Mac, open the App Store.
- Click your name or the sign-in button in the sidebar.
- Click "Redeem Gift Card."
- Click "Use Camera" and follow the instructions on the screen. If you have trouble redeeming the card, click "You can also enter your code manually," then follow the instructions on the screen. Make sure that you enter the 16-digit code that begins with X.
Using a Windows PC?
If you’re using a PC, redeem your gift card in iTunes. From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account, then choose Redeem, then sign in and follow the instructions on the screen.
Redeem a gift card on your Android device
- Peel or gently scratch off the label on the back of the gift card to reveal a 16-digit code that starts with X.
- Open the Apple Music app.
- Tap the menu button , then tap Account.
- Tap "Redeem Gift Card or Code."
- Enter the 16-digit code that begins with X. Then tap Redeem.
If you received an App Store & iTunes Gift Card by email
To redeem a gift card that someone emailed to you, open the email and tap or click the "Redeem Now" button.
What you can buy with this gift card
When you redeem an App Store & iTunes Gift Card, you can make purchases with your Apple ID balance, including apps, games, iCloud storage, subscriptions like Apple Music, and more. But for some purchases, Apple ID balance can’t be used. Learn what you can buy with your Apple ID balance.
On an Android device, you can use your gift card to buy an Apple Music subscription. To make purchases from the App Store, Apple Books, or the Apple TV app, use an Apple device.
- You can’t check the remaining balance on an App Store & iTunes Gift Card. But you can check your Apple ID balance. Your Apple ID balance includes the balance from any App Store & iTunes Gift Cards that you have redeemed.
- Some purchases might require that you have a credit card on file, even if you use Apple ID balance to make the purchase.
- You can’t use Apple Store Gift Cards in the App Store or iTunes Store. Apple Store Gift Cards are a solid color (gray, white, silver, or gold) on the front. Find out what to do if you don’t know what type of gift card you have.
App Store & iTunes Gift Cards aren’t available in all countries or regions. Find out if you can use gift cards in your country or region.
App Store and iTunes Store features might vary by country or region. Find out what’s available in your country or region.
Looking for how to use iTunes gift cards? If you have an unwrapped iTunes gift card, you are probably thinking of ways to use it.
An iTunes gift card is a deposited credit for Apple’s iTunes market store. You can buy music, apps, and movies with iTunes gift cards from the iTunes store. However, you cannot use the gift card on Apple Store. iTunes gift cards can only be redeemed from the iTunes store.
iTunes gift cards provide an easy way to buy items from iTunes stores when you don’t have a valid means of making payments.
In this article, we will consider some of the ways through which you can put your iTunes gift card into use.
Here are some of the things you can use an iTunes gift card for:
- Apple Music subscription
- iCloud Storage
- Disney Audiobooks
- iMessage Sticker Packs
In this section, I will shed more light on each of the lists above.
1. Apple Music Subscription
iTunes gift cards can be used for funding an Apple Music subscription. This costs $9.99 per month, $4.99 per month, and $14.99 per month for individuals, students, and families that have up to six people in the U.S. respectively.
Apple Music offers unlimited streaming of over 50 million songs and can be accessed via an iPhone or Android phone, Mac or PC, iPad, Apple Watch, HomePod, Apple TV, Amazon Echo speakers, and Sonos.
If you want to pay for Apple Music with your iTunes gift card, you need to redeem it and the cost will be withdrawn from any store credit that is connected to your Apple ID. If your balance is zero, Apple Music will be billed to another valid means of payment method (like a credit card).
2. iCloud Storage
When you register for iCloud, you will get 5GB of free storage that you can use for your photos, videos, and other files. To get more space, you will have to upgrade to a premium plan, which includes 50GB for 99 cents monthly, 200GB for $2.99 monthly, or 2TB for $9.99 monthly in the U.S. The prices differ in other areas.
Your iTunes gift card makes it easy to pay for iCloud storage. You will also need to redeem the card before you can make the payment.
3. Disney Audiobooks
There are different types of Disney audiobooks on the Apple Book store. Some of the audiobooks are free while others cost less than $20.
4. iMessage Sticker Packs
You can also pay for iMessage sticker packs with your iTunes gift card. If you have a dollar or two in store credits, you can use this balance to boost your iMessage game by paying for some sticker packs.
How to Redeem iTunes Gift Cards
Here are the steps to follow when redeeming an iTunes gift card:
- From the iTunes Store app on your device, choose the Music tab on the bottom menu.
- Click on ‘Redeem’ from the bottom of the featured Albums.
- Click on ‘Redeem.’
- Insert the promo code or iTunes gift card number in the box.
- Click on ‘Redeem’ at the top right corner.
Sell iTunes Gift Cards in Nigeria
If you are in Nigeria, you can sell your iTunes gift card for the best rate on the Nosh app. Cardnosh implements multiple layers of security to ensure that customers can trade with the highest level of guarantee. The interface of the app is also mobile responsive and user-friendly to ensure that you sell your iTunes gift cards without any hassle.
You come across your pal’s birthday in the Facebook notification! And in such a moment of hurry, you cannot even rush to buy a good present but, here is a golden solution! Break the conventional modes of presents by gifting them an iTunes gift card. It can prove to be of a great use to them. So, now your friend gets the leverage to redeem the iTunes gift card at the nearest apple store or use it for the iTunes store or App Store. Stay tuned to know about the iTunes gift card!
What is iTunes Gift Card, Where to use it
You must be wondering what an iTunes Gift card is and how to make use of it? No problem, we will clear out your queries regarding the same. Read the outline below to surface an idea about the iTunes Gift card.
First of all, it is a gift card that contains a special code at the back of the card, which can be transferred to the account of the one who is currently using it. It can benefit them with a balance in the Apple Store and facilitate in making any purchases in it. A person may get confused by its name stating ‘iTunes Gift Card’ but in fact, it can be redeemed in various other apple stores. An iTunes gift card, can also be added in your Apple ID as a ‘redeemable credit’, which is compatible enough with the purchases be in the App store, iBooks store etc. Thus, you have a good range of options to redeem, by your end.
Where to Get the iTunes Gift Card
Now you must be wondering where can I get this mighty iTunes card from? Well, there are various means of obtaining this card- online or offline. It all depends upon your convenience of purchase. However, to gift your pal a trusted card, you must cart it from the official Apple Website. Even if you can’t purchase the item from there, no worries! You can even choose.
- If you are looking to buy the Giftcard from online, you can easily purchase the iTunes Gift card from the Official Apple Website, Paypal and Ebay and other trusted online web stores.
- If you prefer it the other way, you can visit the nearest authorized Apple store to grab the iTunes Gift card.
- Second most trusted option would be going to the nearest Walmart store. There too, you would find the gifts card section, from where you can get a deal in the itunes gift card sale.
- Even if Walmart is not in your route, you can hop on the card from Bestbuy stores or the Gas stations.
How to Use/Redeem iTunes Gift Card
Now that we are well versed with the how’s and about’s of the iTunes Gift Card, We will now understand how to use the iTunes gift card and redeem iTunes gift card balance
In iOS Device:
- Visit any of the Apple stores ( iTunes, App Store, iBooks Store) from your iPhone.
- Scroll down and navigate for ‘Redeem’ and tap on it.
- Select ‘Use Camera’ to scan your iTunes gift card
- You can even type the code by tapping ‘You can also enter the code manually.
- iTunes gift card balance will then be credited in your Apple ID account and appear in the Wallet through the iTunes pass.
On a Mac/PC:
- Visit iTunes and see if you are signed in. If not, then sign in with your current apple ID.
- Now, select ‘Account’ from the menu bar and choose ‘Redeem’ from the drop-down menu.
- Type-in the code mentioned at the back of the gift card, in the ‘You can also enter your code manually’ section
- Tap on ‘Redeem’ and proceed with the instructions.
Note: One you have decided to make a desired purchase, the amount will automatically deduct from your iTunes balance. The additional amount will be charged to the registered credit card in your Apple ID.
Extra Tips: Free Tenorshare TunesCare to Fix All iTunes Issues
Are you tired of facing the irksome iOS related issues? Do you often witness the frozen, white or black screen? Your line of worries ends with the Tenorshare’s TunesCare – a reliable tool that will unwind all the iOS related problems. TenorShare’s TunesCare is Windows/Mac compatible software that ensures to fix an array of errors with its simple steps. Thus, your phone will automatically work smoothly and the performance of your iPhone will increase. You must be wondering how it all works? You can simply experience it by upgrading to a free trial and then come upon a decision. Below is the step by step guide that will undo all sorts of iOS related issues.
How to fix all iTunes issues via TenorshareTunesCare
Step 1- First and foremost, force installation of the program on your PC/Mac. After the installation, click on ‘Fix All iTunes issues’ tab from the main screen.
Step2- Fromthe following screen, tab on the ‘Repair iTunes’ button and the software will automatically begin to resolve the issue and upgrade the iTunes performance. Now, any of the crashes will be resolved in a fraction of seconds.
Now that we are acquainted with the whereabouts of the iTunes Gift Card, it’s time for you to grab one for your pal! These mini gift cards are discreet enough to carry and be presented as a gift. A free iTunes Gift card for your friend will do wonders for him/her to purchase anything they fancy! It all depends on where you buy it from. You may even save extra bucks at iTunes gift card sale, which are usually available in some of the stores. The iTunes gift card is not limited in redeeming in the iTunes section, but can also be of a great use in other stores as well. What are you thinking for? Go and hop on one!
iTunes is the commercial center for Apple on which you can discover a wide range of things, for example, media, programming, and excitement. You can utilize an Apple iTunes gift card to purchase various things, for example, applications, books, or motion pictures from this commercial center.
In the event that you are not effectively acquainted with this sort of gift cards, you may have a various inquiry regarding what they are or how they work.
In what pursues, I will a d dress probably the most widely recognized inquiries concerning Apple gift cards. Along these lines, in the event that it is the first occasion when you have purchased a gift a card, this article can be extraordinary assistance for you.
As I referenced previously, iTunes is Apple’s commercial center where you can purchase applications, music, and the sky is the limit from there. Be that as it may, you need to think about what it isn’t equivalent to Apple Store where you can utilize Apple gift cards to purchase physical things, for example, iPhones or MacBooks.
A gift card is a prepaid check card is utilized as a choice for the money. You can utilize an Apple gift card to make buys from iTunes store. What you have to recollect is that you can just recover your gift card in the equivalent iTunes store from which it was acquired. For instance, a US gift card must be utilized in the US iTunes store.
In the event that you don’t have a legitimate type of installment for purchasing things from the iTunes store, iTunes gift cards are an incredible method to pay for a specific thing in the global iTunes store. Along these lines, on the off chance that you are happy to purchase a thing from iTunes store and you don’t have a substantial type of installment upheld by your nation isn’t accessible, iTunes gift cards can be an incredible arrangement.
There are various ways you can use to purchase an iTunes gift card. Both of these ways can be viewed as a legitimate strategy to purchase iTunes gift cards:
- Buy from the online Apple Store.
2. Launch the App Store application on the iPhone, tap on your client symbol and afterward pick Send Gift Card by Email.
3. On a Mac or Windows PC click the Store tab on iTunes and afterward pick Buy iTunes Gift Cards.
4. In retail locations, for example, Apple stores or general stores.
Have you gotten an iTunes gift card yet you don’t have the foggiest idea how to recover it? In this guide, I will demonstrate to you how you can recover your gift card effectively on your iPhone or on your PC.
To recover your gift card on your iPhone:
- Launch the App Store application on your telephone.
2. On the Today tab, tap your client symbol from the upper right corner of the screen.
3. Choose Redeem Gift Card or Code.
4. Now you can filter the gift card with your telephone camera, or enter the code physically.
To recover your iTunes gift card on a Mac or Windows PC running iTunes:
- Launch iTunes on your PC and snap on the Store tab.
2. Click on the Redeem catch from the correct side of the screen.
3. Sign in with your Apple ID and secret word.
4. Now you can check the gift card with your telephone camera, or enter the code physically.
To recover your gift card on a Mac by means of the Mac App Store:
- Launch the Mac App Store on your PC and snap on the Featured tab.
2. Choose Redeem from the correct side of the screen.
3. Log in with your Apple ID and secret phrase.
4. Now you can examine the gift card with your telephone camera, or enter the code physically.
When you have effectively reclaimed your gift card, you can utilize its credit for:
- Apps and diversions from the iOS App Store and Mac App Store.
2. Music, TV shows and movies from iTunes.
3. Subscriptions that regularly charge to your iTunes account.
4. iCloud extra room redesigns.
You can utilize either your iPhone or your PC to check the equalization of your gift card.
On your iPhone:
- Launch the App Store.
2. Tap on your client symbol on the Today tab.
3. Your iTunes credit will be shown under your name on the off chance that you have any.
On your MacBook or Windows PC:
- Launch iTunes and ensure that you are marked into your record.
2. Click on the Store tab and look tor your equalization on the upper right corner.
When you reclaim your iTunes gift card, the credit is moved to your iTunes balance. On the off chance that you don’t see anything in your record, it implies that you don’t have credit. Along these lines, in the event that you have a gift card, try to reclaim it. This is on the grounds that iTunes gift cards terminate however your iTunes credit won’t.
You can add your iTunes parity to Wallet by making iTunes pass:
- Redeem your gift card through one of the techniques I clarified previously.
2. Launch App Store on your iPhone and tap the Today tab.
3. Tap on your client symbol and sign in to your record with your Apple ID and Password.
Even though iTunes itself is technically no longer around, iTunes gift cards are still valuable and can be used for many newer Apple products and platforms.
If you’re familiar with Spotify or Amazon Music, or any other subscription-based music streaming services, then you probably have already heard of Apple Music.
And if not — It’s a subscription-based music and audio streaming service. Apple Music is $4.99 a month for students, $9.99 a month for an individual plan, and $14.99 a month for a family plan. For a small monthly fee, you get access to tens of millions of songs and other audio, like podcasts and recorded broadcasts.
Here’s how to use an iTunes gift card to pay for Apple Music.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
iPad (From $329.99 at Best Buy)
iTunes Gift Card (From $25 at Best Buy)
Apple Music (From $9.99 at Apple)
How to use iTunes gift cards to pay for Apple Music
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad running the latest iOS.
2. Tap “Today” in the bottom menu, and then tap your profile icon in the top-right corner.
3. Tap “Redeem Gift Card or Code.”
4. Tap either “Use Camera” to scan the code on the back of your card using your camera, or tap “You can also enter your code manually” to type in the code on the back of your card.
5. Tap “Redeem.”
6. Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad running the latest iOS. The music icon looks like a multicolored music note.
7. Tap “For You” at the bottom of the screen.
8. Tap the trial offer to get Apple Music free for three months, as long as you haven’t signed up in the past.
9. Select the type of subscription you want. Then, tap “Start Free 3 months.”
10. Sign in to your iCloud account, if needed.
11. Select your Apple ID balance as your payment method.
Here’s how to add an iTunes gift card to your account if you already have an Apple Music subscription:
1. Open the Apple Music app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap the “For You” tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap your profile icon in the top-right corner.
4. Tap “Redeem Gift Card or Code.”
5. Redeem your gift card using your camera or by manually entering the code. Tap “Redeem.”
It is 2020 and Bitcoin is eleven years old now.
Back in 2010-11, it wasn’t as easy to buy Bitcoins, but today, you have a plethora of options for purchasing Bitcoins.
Some of these ways are:
You see there are several ways through which one can purchase Bitcoins but amongst these, the last option of buying Bitcoins is relatively unknown.
M any buyers of Bitcoins remain uninformed about this avenue even when they have iTunes gift cards that they are not using.
That’s why it is essential to discuss this avenue too. And this method can also be used during the days when exchanges get overloaded and suspend new registrations.
So let’s get in and see some of the services that allow you to buy Bitcoin with iTunes gift cards.
How To Buy Bitcoin With iTunes Gift Card
Paxful is the equivalent of eBay for Bitcoin. It is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling Bitcoin-based out of New York City. And for the same, it supports more than 300 payment ways including payment with iTunes gift card.
- Fees: Seller pays 1% to Paxful, buyer pays to a seller for converting gift cards to BTC.
- Countries Supported: All countries.
- Additional Comments: Relatively unknown, less traction but works.
Note: The volume remains low on this exchange, but still you can go ahead and purchase BTC with an iTunes gift card via Paxful. Check Paxful review to learn how to use Paxful platform safely. Also, be sure to select a highly reputable seller for your deal.
The Coin Portal (Cointal) is also a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency marketplace. It’s also the first peer-to-peer marketplace for Ripple and Ethereum too. And here, the company’s objective is to simplify the purchase of cryptocurrencies by connecting sellers with buyers, and offering endless methods of payment. And the good thing is they even support deals where buyers can buy BTC for iTunes gift card.
Here is a sneak peek into their open orders:
- Fees: 1% fee when selling.
- Countries Supported: Worldwide
- Additional Comments: Relatively new but working.
LocalBitcoins is another famous Bitcoin start-up company that facilitates peer-to-peer Bitcoin trading. It is based out of Finland and has been functional since 2012. It is a very reputed site to buy bitcoins from sellers around the world. And the good news is, it supports more than 30 payment methods including dealings in iTunes gift cards!
- Fees: Buyer/Sellers who create ads are charged 1% fee for every completed trade.
- Countries Supported: All countries.
- Additional Comments: Old site, reliable and trusted.
Note: I couldn’t find sellers of BTC for iTunes, but you will usually find deals here. You should read Localbitcoins review to learn everything about this popular platform.
Now you know that you have options to buy Bitcoin with iTunes gift card, but I know these options are very few. But every day the cryptosphere is growing by leaps and bounds, so in the future, you can expect a lot more services like this.
Also, for now, if you don’t find deals on these services directly, the obvious workaround is to sell your gift card for fiat. And then use that fiat to buy Bitcoin from cash or via bank deposits directly. Some reliable online stores buy unused/used gift cards to resell it.
Lastly, if you have questions or doubts about the listed services, feel free to shoot them in the comment section below 🙂
Here are a few other articles for you to read next:
Harsh Agrawal is the Crypto exchange and bots expert for CoinSutra. He founded CoinSutra in 2016, and one of the industry’s most regarded professional blogger in the fin-tech space.
An award-winning blogger with a track record of 10+ years. He has a background in both finance and technology and holds professional qualifications in Information technology.
An international speaker and author who loves blockchain and crypto world.
After discovering about decentralized finance and with his background of Information technology, he made his mission to help others learn and get started with it via CoinSutra.
Join us via email and social channels to get the latest updates straight to your inbox.
iTunes gift cards are one of the most popular choices for presents, rewards, and incentives.
Maybe an iTunes gift card isn’t music to your ears, though. Whatever your reason, DoNotPay can show you your options to convert an iTunes gift card into cash without losing too much value.
What Can You Use an iTunes Gift Card For?
You can use an iTunes gift card to buy a range of virtual products from Apple, including:
- Music, videos, and films from the iTunes store
- Apps from the app store
- Reading material from Apple books
- Shows on Apple TV
- Virtual subscription services like extra cloud storage, Apple TV+, or Apple News+
iTunes gift cards are sold as single-use cards in denominations of:
Can You Trade Your iTunes Gift Card?
There are several ways to sell your iTunes gift card for cash or other cards of similar value, as follows:
- Gift card merchants
- Card Exchanges
Gift Card Merchants
There are numerous companies that buy and resell gift cards online. If you input the details of your iTunes gift card, you will receive a cash offer for it.
You can find gift card vending machines in many grocery and department stores that pay instant cash for your gift card.
Several websites offer to swap your gift card for another card of a similar value.
These options may be right for you if you have a full iTunes gift card you don’t want. You should bear in mind the following, though:
- All the above businesses want to make money, so the offer you receive will probably not reflect the true value of your iTunes gift card. Expect to get 80–90% of its face value
- The offer might go down below that level if a lot of people are selling iTunes gift cards at the same time—the rules of supply and demand apply
Does Apple Let You Get Cash Back on Your Part-Used iTunes Gift Card?
Once you have bought an iTunes gift card, you need to scratch off the security tape on the back of the card to reveal the gift card’s code.
On your Apple mobile device or computer, you must then go to your Apple account and find the Redeem Gift Card feature. Once there, you should type in the gift card’s code, and the value of the card will be credited to your Apple account.
On a PC, you can redeem your gift card similarly using iTunes.
Once you have submitted the code, all the value is wiped from the gift card, and you can dispose of it.
It is, therefore, impossible to get cash back on an iTunes gift card as you cannot “part-use” it.
What About Other Gift Cards?
iTunes gift cards are unique in being true one-shot cards. Most other gift cards can be used multiple times until their value is depleted.
Many gift card vendors—such as Domino’s, AMC, JCPenney, and Chipotle—will tell you that their used gift cards are not redeemable for cash “except where required by law.”
This refers to legislation in 11 states and Puerto Rico that makes it mandatory for vendors to exchange certain values on gift cards for cash.
The values and states are as follows:
This means that you can get cash back on your gift card up to these amounts in these legislations.
The downside to this is that you need to:
- Be in one of the states listed
- Go to an outlet of the company that issued the card
- Explain the law to a member of staff who may or may not want to cooperate
Yet again, DoNotPay has come up with a solution, though. We can get cash back on your gift card in a few clicks wherever you are!
Use DoNotPay To Get Your Gift Card Cash Back
DoNotPay is on a mission to make your life simpler and save you money. Getting cash back for your gift cards is no exception—we can help you release the value on your card in three steps:
in your web browser,
- Click on our Cash Back on Gift Cards feature
- Enter your card details
It doesn’t matter whether or not you live in one of the cash back states—DoNotPay will send your claim to an outlet that is obliged to offer a cash reimbursement for them to process. You should get your money within 14 days.
What Kind of Gift Cards Does DoNotPay Help With?
While we aren’t able to help with a cash back on an iTunes gift card, here are some of the cards we can get money reimbursed on:
We can even show you how to get free gift cards from some vendors, which you may be able to exchange for cash!
DoNotPay Helps Out in More Ways Than One
As a versatile app, DoNotPay is so much more than a money-saving hack. Check out the table below for an overview of what we can do for you:
- Safeguard against stalkers or harassers
- Deal with text or email spam and robocalls
- Acquire a fake number
- Create a virtual credit card
Managing Tasks With DoNotPay Saves Both Time and Money
If your to-do list is overflowing and you need more hours in the workday to get everything done, we’ve got a solution! DoNotPay’s products help you check off your errands in record time. Within minutes, you’ll be able to get a free trial, cancel a service, or request a refund. Perhaps you’re dreading wasting your time in lines or on the phone, but don’t worry—we’ll deal with customer service, book a DMV or a notary appointment in your stead.
Q: I got a $50 iTunes gift card at Christmas but can’t figure out how to use it make purchase with my Samsung Galaxy phone. If I’m understanding it right, iTunes gift cards can only be used on desktop iTunes and iOS devices? Or did I miss anything? Does any body know how to redeem iTunes gift card on Android device? Thanks in advance.
iTunes gift card is a great digital gift specially designed for Apple users to buy music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, etc. from iTunes store. They are supposed to be used easily and perfectly on devices that support iTunes or Apple App Store with a registered Apple ID. In other words, if you are going to use iTunes gift cards on non-iTunes supported device, like Android, things will become complicated. But don’t worry. If you really want to redeem iTunes gift card for Android devices, you can follow up the complete guide below with which we’ll show you multiple solutions on how to easily deal with your iTunes gift card with Android.
Part 1. Buy Apple Music with iTunes Gift Card on Android
If you go to Apple’s official support page of iTunes gift card, you’ll find the statement claiming that the credit in an iTunes gift card can be used to get music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, audiobooks, Apple Music memberships, iCloud storage, and more. Although Android devices don’t support iTunes store, it however works with Apple Music store. That’s to say, you can easily redeem the gift card for songs from Apple Music if you have installed the specific app on your Android device. Now follow the steps here to see how to redeem iTunes gift card and code on Android phone.
Step 1. Open the Apple Music app on your Android device, then tap the menu icon.
Step 2. Tap your Apple ID. If prompted, enter your Apple ID password.
Step 3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap View Account. Then tap Redeem.
Step 4. Enter the code from the back of the iTunes gift card, then tap Redeem again.
After that, you’ll see the gift card is credited to your Apple Music account and you can then use the credit for each purchase you make in Apple Music store on Android device until it’s gone.
- See Also:Two Ways to Convert Apple Music to Android
Part 2. Redeem iTunes Gift Card on Mac/PC for Playing on Android
The best alternative to redeem your gift card on Android is using it on Mac or PC instead and then transferring the iTunes media content from computer to your Android devices. Here are the complete steps.
1. Redeem iTunes Songs for Playing on Android
Step 1. Open iTunes on computer and sign in with your Apple ID.
Step 2. From top menu bar of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account. If prompted, enter your password again and click Sign In.
Step 3. Enter the 16-digit code from the back of the iTunes gift card and click Redeem.
Step 4. Then go to iTunes Music section and browse any song you want to buy. Apple ID credit can be used for each purchase you make in the store until it’s gone.
Step 5. Download the purchased iTunes songs to your computer. Then upload those songs to your Google Play Music library in the cloud using either Music Manager or the Play Music website.
Step 6. Now you can log into Google Play Music on your Android phone to listen to those iTunes music.
2. Redeem iTunes Movies for Watching on Android
As you may wonder, even if you can redeem iTunes gift card on PC for movies or TV shows, it’s impossible to transfer the purchased iTunes video files to Android devices due to the Apple’s FairPlay DRM protection. Yes, that’s true. Unlike iTunes music that can be synced to Google Play for playing on Android, it’s not supported to transfer iTunes movies to Google Play as for now. But don’t worry. In fact, with the help of a third-party iTunes movie tool, you can easily redeem iTunes gift card to buy movies for playing on Android.
This little app is called ViWizard DRM Media Converter. It’s a smart iTunes DRM removal solution that can completely remove DRM lock from any iTunes movie and TV episode. Once the DRM is removed by ViWizard, you can freely transfer the DRM-free iTunes videos to any Android phone or tablet for watching. The following is the quick guide on how to redeem and transfer your iTunes movies to Android.
Step 1. Continue with the Step 1-3 as above.
Step 2. Once redeemed, go to iTunes Movie or TV Show section and purchase any film you like.
Step 3. Download the purchased or rented movies completely to computer drive.
Step 4. Open ViWizard DRM Media Converter for Mac or Windows on your computer. You can download the free trial version as below according to your OS. Then follow this guide to learn how to convert and transfer the iTunes movies to Android devices step by step.
Part 3. Alternatives to Redeem iTunes Gift Card on Android
If you don’t have any iTunes account nor will you actually use it, then the best suggestion is turn it into something more useful. How? Here are some useful tips you may need.
Trade it to iOS users who use iTunes too
The easiest way to deal with the iTunes gift card is swapping it with iDevices users who like to buy digital items from iTunes. You can post the idea on your social networks and do the transaction in person.
But if there’s no one need the iTunes gift card, you can go to some online forums to swap the card with people who want and need different gift cards out there. Reddit Gift Card Exchange is a subreddit dedicated to helping users safely and legitimately swap gift cards. Especially after Christmas, chances are higher you’ll be able to find someone willing to barter for your gift card.
Or if you don’t care about the credit in the gift card, you can simply regift the card to others who actually need it.
Dave Henry is a long-time ViWizarder who loves all technological things. In his free time, he likes reading about science and technology, writing for his blog, watching sci-fi films, and meditating.