WhatsApp finally allows people to send and receive stickers from each other, something other messaging apps added years ago. This new development brings with it an exciting possibility — the ability to create your own WhatsApp stickers. There are multiple ways to create WhatsApp stickers, but the easiest ways are by downloading apps that let you create stickers quickly. We managed to create WhatsApp sticker packs in less than five minutes on iPhone and Android, so the process is really simple.
Before you proceed, it’s important to note that the best way to create custom sticker packs is mentioned on the WhatsApp website. There are sample apps provided by WhatsApp where you can make some basic changes and submit them to the App Store or Google Play, making these your own sticker creating apps for WhatsApp. However, this is not a practical option for most people, so we went through all the steps via the easy method and have listed them below.
Please note that these third-party sticker making apps work very well, but we don’t know much about their origin and whether these apps will misuse any permissions you grant. We’d think twice before granting third-party apps permissions to your entire photo gallery as that can be misused. If that’s fine by you, follow these steps to create your own stickers for WhatsApp.
How to create WhatsApp stickers on Android
Follow these steps to make your own WhatsApp sticker packs on Android.
- Download the Sticker Maker app on Android.
- Tap Create a new stickerpack.
- Name the sticker pack and add an author name for the pack, in case you want to take credit for creating these stickers.
- You will see 30 tiles in the next screen. Tap any of these and then you can tap Take Photo, Open Gallery, or Select File to select pictures. The first option lets you take a picture, the second opens your photo gallery, and the third lets you select images from your file manager.
- The next step allows you to cut the picture into a shape. You can select one of Freehand (to draw a shape manually and crop the sticker), Cut square, or Cut circle.
- Once you are done cropping, tap Yes, Save Sticker.
- Once you have three stickers added, you can tap Add to WhatsApp. You will see a confirmation message on screen once it’s been added.
- Now open WhatsApp, tap the emoji icon > stickers icon at the bottom. Now you will see your new sticker pack as the last one in the list of sticker packs.
- To delete a sticker pack, tap the pack > three dots icon on the top-right > Delete.
How to create WhatsApp stickers on iPhone
Follow these steps to make your own WhatsApp sticker packs on an iPhone. The app we’re going to use is a polished photo editing app that makes it really simple to create WhatsApp sticker packs for free.
- Download the Bazaart app on iPhone.
- Open the app and tap either Start New or Open Photo.
- Now you can use the app’s tools to create your sticker. You can easily cut it into shapes, add dialogue boxes, and much more via Bazaart’s on-screen tools.
- Once you are done, tap the Share icon and tap WhatsApp.
- The app will ask you to add your name in case you want to take credit for the sticker pack. Then, on the next screen tap Add to WhatsApp.
- This will add your sticker to WhatsApp. Tap the sticker icon which in the form where you type messages. Your stickers will show up here.
- Bazaart lets you easily update your sticker pack as well. Just repeat steps 2 to 4 above and you will see a new screen asking you whether you want to update or delete your sticker pack. Tap Update to add more stickers to your pack.
Bazaart is a free app on iPhone with most of its features locked behind a monthly subscription fee. Creating WhatsApp stickers is completely free, but in case that changes in a future update, you can always use a different app such as Sticker Maker for WhatsApp to get the job done just as easily.
How did you create a WhatsApp sticker pack? Let us know via the comments.
- WhatsApp Web Gets Picture-in-Picture Feature for All Users
- The 8 Biggest WhatsApp Features Introduced in 2018
- WhatsApp’s Latest Step to Combat Fake News in India – a TV Campaign
- WhatsApp for Android Starts Previewing Text Shared From Other Apps
For more tutorials, visit the How To section.
We discussed what WhatsApp absolutely needs to do in 2019, on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
For the latest tech news and reviews, follow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebook, and Google News. For the latest videos on gadgets and tech, subscribe to our YouTube channel.
WhatsApp has stickers feature that allows users to send different stickers to their friends and family on the instant messaging platform. Users can send these stickers while chatting just like on other instant messaging apps. Users have this option in the emoji section of the app. WhatsApp offered only one sticker pack pre-installed with the initial update. However, the built-in sticker store now gives Android smartphone users the option to download more. Android users can also download stickers from Google Play Store. Though several third-party sticker packs are available, however, there are times when you may want to create your own stickers and use it. The one that just rightly expresses your feelings and what you want to convey. So, if you are looking at creating your own customised stickers, here’s our step-by-step guide.
Latest version (2.18) or above of WhatsApp
Working internet connection
First step: How to create an image without background
The first thing you are supposed to do is click your images with the expressions you want and convert it to PNG file format with no background. To do that, open your smartphone camera and click some images and now let’s convert them into PNG file format with no background and then will add them to WhatsApp. so here’s how to convert your pictures into PNG with a transparent background or no background.
We provide sample apps and code for both Android and iOS, so you can drop in your sticker art and build an app with minimal development or coding experience. Advanced developers can also make richer sticker apps using the set of APIs and interfaces that WhatsApp supports.
Read the requirements below for designing stickers and refer to the README files associated with the sample apps for the complete list of requirements and tips to create your sticker app.
Note: To comply with Apple’s App Store Review Guidelines when creating an iOS sticker app, make sure to develop a unique user interface (UI) and don't use our sample apps' UI.
Custom stickers must meet the following requirements:
- Each sticker has a transparent background.
- Stickers must be exactly 512×512 pixels.
- Each sticker must be less than 100 KB.
You must also provide an icon that’ll be used to represent your sticker pack in the WhatsApp sticker picker or tray. This image should be 96×96 pixels and must be less than 50 KB.
In addition to the requirements above, we strongly recommend the following:
- Stickers will render on a variety of backgrounds, including white, black, colored, and patterned. We recommend adding an 8-pixel #FFFFFF stroke to the outside of each sticker. View a sample Photoshop (PSD) file here.
- There should be a 16-pixel margin between the sticker image and the edge of the 512×512 pixel canvas.
If you have any questions or issues when creating stickers, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any other questions or issues, contact us on WhatsApp by going to Settings > Help > Contact Us.
Stickers are available on the latest Android and iOS versions of WhatsApp. If you don't see stickers, make sure to update to the latest version of WhatsApp on your phone’s application store.
WhatsApp stickers are becoming super popular since its release with the WhatsApp beta version 2.18.329. Even though it’s only been a little over a week since the debut, the Google Play Store is full of sticker packs some of which are great and some aren’t all that good.
While using pre-made stickers is easy and fun, you might not find the right sticker for the right moment. Most sticker packs available right now have only a few collections of stickers to choose from.
The good news is that you don’t have to rely on a bunch of sticker packs to share with your friends. You can add text to a ton of pre-made stickers and share them around with your friends just as easily as using the WhatsApp stickers. If you’re interested in being a bit creative, then let’s check out how to write text on WhatsApp stickers.
Note: This method isn’t for creating stickers for WhatsApp specifically so you can share the stickers on any other application too.
How to add text to WhatsApp stickers
It’s fairly simple to add text to stickers by using an application available on the Google Play Store, so let’s take a look at how to get started:
- Download and install Sticker Packs For Whatsapp.
- Launch the application and then tap on the add icon on the top right of the screen next to the share button.
- You would now be in the editing mode. Simply tap on the Sticker icon in the Enter Sticker Text field.
- You will see a whole lot of sticker categories available for you to add your own text to.
- Pick a sticker from any category to which you’d like to add text on then begin by adjusting the size of the sticker by pinching in or out of the screen.
- Now Tap on the Enter Sticker Text field to add text.
- You can type absolutely anything you want. Now you would see the text converted into several different fonts and colors, simply scroll through the list and pick your favorite text style.
- Adjust the text size by pinching in or out of the screen.
- You can also draw by tapping on the Pencil tool then pick any color from the available options and go ahead and doodle about.
That’s it. When you’re satisfied with the results simply scroll through the applications which would be in the bottom bar to which you can share the image.
The Sticker Pack for WhatsApp application also has a whole bunch of pre-made stickers in case you don’t want to create your own.
Used to be a Windows Phone fan until I got my first Android Phone. Never looked back since. When I’m not writing, I’m gaming. Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp stickers play a vital role in effective communication. You can have more fun if you can create WhatsApp stickers on your own. It doubles your joy when you communicate with your lovable ones using the innovative stickers at this awesome platform. This article feeds the creative minds and brings you joy in exploring an effective way to build an interactive sticker. Explore the below content to feed your inquisitive mind on making WhatsApp stickers precisely.
Stepwise Procedure on How to create WhatsApp Stickers
In general, you need third-party software to design your own WhatsApp stickers flawlessly. Depending on your smartphone environment you can choose the apps from the digital market. You can create WhatsApp Stickers and publish at the relevant store either the Google Play Store or App Store to make your creativity available for other users worldwide. The WhatsApp users can download your innovative stickers from the respective platform and add it into the gallery for future use. You can either use the sample code to build your stickers or install an effective program to feed your innovative mind.
It is sufficient if you follow the below guidelines to design funny WhatsApp stickers for your needs. Surf through the instructions clearly for a flawless sticker design.
Step 1: Install ‘Sticker Maker’ app from Google Play Store in your Android gadget. Launch the program by double-tapping the tool icon in your device.
Step 2: Press ‘Create new Sticker pack’ and name the sticker pack along with the author name. You can name the sticker pack with relevant to the images to access it accordingly for your needs. Using the sticker pack name, you can quickly reach out for the desired stickers amidst your conversation with your friends in the WhatsApp environment.
Step 3: The next screen leads to 30 empty tiles where you can add images from your phone gallery, take pictures, or download from the webpages. It would be interesting if you add funny pictures to have more fun with your online friends.
Step 4: Edit the images according to your desires. You can either cut it square, circle or freehand as per your needs. Finally, save the image after going through necessary editing operations. Do not edit the images formally, instead try out some zig-zag cuts to bring comical impact during the chat session with your friends. It is highly recommended to go for different cuts to stand unique from the other default WhatsApp stickers.
Step 5: After completing at least three images, you can save and add it into the WhatsApp platform by tapping ‘Add to WhatsApp’ option. Do not forget to save your works because you will lose your creative art pictures even without your knowledge. Always remember to save the stickers to insert in your default WhatsApp sticker list for future use.
Step 6: Open your WhatsApp and press ‘Emoji icon -> Stickers icon’ you will be able to view the newly created stickers added with the default list. You can now effortlessly add on to your chat window and enjoy your communication with loads of fun. Casually tap on the desired sticker to include amidst your chat. It brings a funny impact with your friends and it helps to make your communication interesting.
Connect with your friends effectively by making use of the right stickers amidst your conversation. Using the above procedure, you can try out ample ways of designing creative stickers for your needs. You can now effortlessly use your creative WhatsApp stickers in your chat window without any difficulty.
According to the recent research the WhatsApp team is trying to categorize the stickers menu under four emotion tabs like ‘Love, Happy, Sad and Greetings’. You can insert your creative stickers into this category and access it when required.
While importing the desired images into the tiles ensure it adapts to the dimensions as follows
- • Design your sticker in a transparent background
- • The image dimension must be 512*512 pixels
- • Ensure the sticker size is less than 100 KB.
- • The distance between the margin and sticker should be 16 pixels.
For an effective sticker, it must follow these measurement value to fix perfectly with the WhatsApp environment without any issues.
Thus, you had an innovative journey about making WhatsApp Stickers elaborately. Make use of the above guidelines to build incredible stickers giving out a lot more emotions than words. It is enough if you follow the above instructions to create WhatsApp stickers successfully. Connect with the sophisticated sticker maker apps in the digital platform and develop expressive images for WhatsApp chats.
Tel: 00971 4431 0511
Head Office Address:
Office #2605, 26th Floor, Tiffany Tower,
Cluster W, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Dubai
WhatsApp Sticker: How to create your own custom WhatsApp Stickers
August 2020, Social Media
With over 1.8 billion active users in 2020 worldwide, WhatsApp has become a great social media channel for businesses to connect with their consumers, increase brand awareness, and enhance their marketing strategy.
Furthermore, WhatsApp has newly added a Sticker feature that allows its users to send various stickers while chatting, just like other messaging apps. In the latest version 2.18, users can now notice a new option in the emoji part of the app called WhatsApp Stickers.
In the beginning, only one sticker kit comes pre-installed with the latest version 2.18. However, the built-in sticker kit allows us to download more. The sticker bundle has the option to download more stickers from the Google Play Store. Though various third-party sticker kits are available, it still lacks good stickers that you would like to use.
So, why not create your stickers and use them?
Latest WhatsApp version 2.18
The sticker should be of transparent background
Stickers must be 512*512 pixels
All the stickers should be less than or equal to 100kb
Follow our step-by-step guide to create your WhatsApp stickers:
Creating an image with a transparent background
First, click pictures with the required expressions and convert it to a PNG file format with a transparent background. Follow the steps to convert your images into PNG format with a transparent background:
1. Open Google Play Store and search for the Background Eraser App
2. Now, open any photo that you would like to convert to sticker
3. Erase the image background and crop it as required
4. Save the image as PNG format
Note: Create at least three images as the WhatsApp sticker pack does not allow to add custom stickers less than three.
Once you have finished the steps, download an app named Personal Stickers for WhatsApp.
Creating WhatsApp Stickers
To create stickers, you have to follow the below steps:
1. Download the app and open it
2. The app will detect all the stickers you have created
3. Tap on the Add button beside the sticker
4. Click on the Add option at the pop-up
Once done, open WhatsApp and head to the Stickers feature section by clicking on the Emoji icon. Choose the Stickers option and check for the stickers you have added. Tap on it and send it.
Adding custom WhatsApp stickers on Android
Once you have the pictures that are suitable for WhatsApp stickers, you have to download some apps to import the images as stickers into WhatsApp.
Follow the steps to import and use your custom stickers on Android WhatsApp:
1. Install the latest version of Personal Stickers for WhatsApp, ES File Explorer, and WhatsApp from Google Play Store on your Android Smartphone.
2. With the help of ES File Explorer, place your custom sticker pictures in the default Download path of your smartphone.
3. Launch Personal Stickers for WhatsApp Android. It will automatically detect the sticker images in the Download folder and classify them into various sticker packs according to the available subfolders.
4. Click on Add adjacent to all sticker pack to send them into WhatsApp.
Once the import is complete, you will see the newly added sticker packs in WhatsApp. In WhatsApp, start a chat, tap on the emoji icon, and select the Sticker tag. Just tap on any sticker to send it to the chat option.
The extra WhatsApp stickers that added externally are saved locally on your phone and not backed up on WhatsApp servers. If you log in to WhatsApp on another device, you’ll not get access to any custom stickers.
Furthermore, if you replace the original sticker files from the Download directory and store them in any other location, you’ll still lose access to those custom stickers.
WhatsApp is one of the leading instant messenger apps that is used globally by users across all devices. Free to download and use on Android, iOS, And other major Operating Systems (OS) mobile devices, Along with desktop also, WhatsApp helps you to send text and voice messages, Make voice and video calls, And send images, Documents, Media files in varied formats.
While texting is one of the basic functionalities of WhatsApp, The availability of exciting features like GIFs, Emojis, And now stickers make for an exciting and engaging conversation. These features help you say more without typing much and express what you are trying to convey more dynamically.
Off all the features mentioned above, WhatsApp stickers are the most recent ones and have added a new dimension to how we communicate and chat with others individually as well as in a group.
WhatsApp Stickers Maker
While the addition of stickers feature is a welcome one, However, The availability of limited stickers does make one think of having more. And if you are feeling the need for more stickers, You can definitely have those using third-party sticker apps.
And you can go one step above, Making your own stickers. Yes, WhatsApp allows designers to create their own stickers for WhatsApp. This can be done using a sticker maker app.
How to Download and Install Stickers Maker App?
1- At first, You need to click on the button below to download the WAStickers Maker app on your device.
Download WAStickers Maker Latest Version
Version 2.00 – Size 5MB
2- Now, Move to the download folder of your device, Find the downloaded APK file and click on that to install it on your device like any other application.
3- Once the app is installed, You can see that the app present on your device alongside other apps, So follow the next instructions to learn how to use WAStickers Maker App.
How to Create Stickers Packs Using WAStickers Maker App and Use That?
- Remember that for adding images to the stickers pack, You must have pictures whose background is removed, or you can use a background remover tool that included in the app to create transparent PNG files of the images which you want to add as stickers to your WhatsApp.
- Open WAStickers Maker app and tap on ‘Create a new sticker pack.’
- Now, You need to name the sticker pack (which can be a category or as you deem fit).
- On the next screen, Tap on any tile to move forward to choose the image to turn into a sticker. You can select an image from your device’s gallery, drive or can take a picture.
- To publish the stickers pack, You need to add a minimum of 3 and maximum 30 images.
- The image must be in the pixel size as defined by the app. So, you can crop that accordingly as per your requirements. If you want text along with the image, You must add the next during the image editing process earlier.
- Now, Tap on Publish Stickers Pack, And you are done.
- After the sticker pack is published, It will show alongside other stickers in your WhatsApp account.
Now, You can go to any individual or group chat, Tap on the stickers icon, And see your created pack there, From which you can download and use a sticker in your conversation.
WAStickers Maker App Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is WAStickers Maker App Free to Use?
Yes, This app is entirely free to download and use.
Can I Delete My Created Stickers Pack Afterward?
Yes, You can quickly delete that. For this, You need to tap the pack > delete
Can I Make Changes in the Package After I Have Published It?
No, Whether you want to add or delete stickers, You cannot make changes to chat after you have creates and published that.
How Many Sticker Packs Can I Make?
You can make several sticker packs as per your requirement, In any category, You want (with minimum 3 and maximum 30 stickers in each pack).
How Can I Update WAStickers Maker App?
The stickers maker app will receive monthly updates; you are assured of getting new and exciting features each time along with improved security and usability. You can check this page to keep an eye on the update, which you can download easily in quick and straightforward steps.
The app Personal Stickers lets you create your own sticker pack using PNG images and import it to WhatsApp.
Recently, WhatsApp beta introduced the possibility to use stickers, a lot like we’ve seen on Telegram and Facebook Messenger. Just a few hours later, sticker packs created by users began to show up in the form of apps, with some of them already available on Uptodown. Luckily, it’s not necessary to create an APK or anything of the sort, with the existence of apps that let you easily create your own sticker packs using external images.
1- Preparing the images
WhatsApp offers its own style guide for creating stickers. Although using the app that we recommend below, you can skip some of the requirements described in terms of dimensions and image file size, it may be a good idea to stick to these guidelines. Obviously, you’ll need an image editor of some sort to make the changes, although you can always use images you find online.
- Each image must have a transparent background. For this, it’s recommended to have a powerful image editor to work with layers and save the result in PNG format (note: they’ll ultimately be converted to WebP format, but that doesn’t matter).
- The dimensions of the image must be 512×512.
- Each sticker must be less than 150Kb. There are methods to reduce image sizes. For example, here’s a free program for Windows and Mac.
- Maintain a margin of 16 pixels between the image and the outside edge of the frame.
It could also be a good idea to try out various background colors so that it can be viewed correctly independently from the wallpaper that’s used in the conversation tab. For that, the trace effect included in Photoshop is perfect to create a dark outline and emphasize the silhouette of your stickers. WhatsApp even offers a template to work with so you can easily keep all the requirements mentioned above in mind.
2 – Create your sticker pack
As we’ve already mentioned, WhatsApp offers its own APK template and specific instructions to compile your own pack, but since not everyone has the knowledge (or motivation) to compile, you can use third-party apps to automate the process. In our case, we’re going to use the free app Personal Stickers, which lets you automatically import the pack to the WhatsApp app. To do this, you have to follow the steps below.